The Student Room Group

My dad got drunk and tried to hit my mum

Hey I’m just here looking for help

Today my dad went over to his friends and we went 20 minutes after he went after 2 hours my dad got really drunk. He started acting crazy then when we went home me and my mum tried to make him go to sleep but he wanted to go outside and shout. We didn’t let him because it was 22:06 and my neighbors were asleep. So I pushed him away from the door and he started disrespecting me so my mum slapped him. Then he said to my mum “do you have a problem you *****” and tried to punch my mum. After when he stood up he ruined my kitchen and garden. Then tried hitting me. After awhile he tried to come to my room and apologise and me , my brother and my mum got really scared and started crying (my brother is 8 years old) so we let him in and begged him not to hit us. So he didn’t and when he finally went to sleep my mum had a panic attack because of my dad and had to call her friend to calm her down. Now I’m really scared to fall asleep😭

Someone please help me
Original post by Code12394773

Today my dad went over to his friends and we went 20 minutes after he went after 2 hours my dad got really drunk. He started acting crazy then when we went home me and my mum tried to make him go to sleep but he wanted to go outside and shout. We didn’t let him because it was 22:06 and my neighbors were asleep. So I pushed him away from the door and he started disrespecting me so my mum slapped him. Then he said to my mum “do you have a problem you *****” and tried to punch my mum. After when he stood up he ruined my kitchen and garden. Then tried hitting me. After awhile he tried to come to my room and apologise and me , my brother and my mum got really scared and started crying (my brother is 8 years old) so we let him in and begged him not to hit us. So he didn’t and when he finally went to sleep my mum had a panic attack because of my dad and had to call her friend to calm her down. Now I’m really scared to fall asleep😭

Someone please help me

That's heavy man, I am in shock and I have no words. Don't worry, analyze the situation and see where it goes before acting if he tries anything like that again call the police immediately
alcohol removes that inhibition that stops these scary things happening. therefore it may be an isolated incident. If your physical health is put at risk by your father in the long term you must not show weakness to it and should stand your ground regardless of your relation to him, alcohol changes people, hopefully this isnt going to happen again. If any worse talk to family friend
I expect this isn't the first time something like this has happened?
hey is this the first time that this has happened, maybe (and it seems **** to say this) but maybe it was a one time thing?

I mean the only person who knows your dad well enough is you so you have to figure out what he's normally like, especially how he normally treats your mother.

Finally, I would be very cautious but I wouldn't take immediate steps unless this incident or a similar incident occurs again, maybe just make sure he doesn't drink too much in the future.

Also, if your dad does drink whats his behaviour usually like, because if his actions have been a threat in the past then maybe it's considering to act upon it and to make sure that in the future things happen more safely.
Hi.First of all I’m so sorry to hear that Secondly I’m really tired and what I say might not make sense or might sound weird but just listen. Your mother hit your dad for being disrespectful and to me that is domestic violence. If it was the other way round your dad would be in serious trouble so your mother should not have done that but by no means I am judging her decision (sometimes people deserve a slap) Secondly your dad probably won’t hit your mom so don’t be scared. Just calm down. Do things that calm you don’t. Have a face mask or listen to calming music and try to sleep. Don’t cry. It’s okay. Your mom and dad love eachother deep inside which is why they’re together. Your dad probably will not hit you all and if he does just dial the police. You’ll feel better in the morning all of you
Reply 6
Original post by Code12394773

Someone please help me

It was your mums fault she almost got punched as she hit him first

so you should remove that part from the title
One thing that's clear is that everyone in the OP tried to get what they wanted or express themselves by force.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending