Gain weight while building muscle? Watch

sayko12312
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey

I'm v skinny and only 52 kg (17 Yr) , I wanna gain weight but not fat, I am working out for about 15 min a day for the past few weeks which already shows some results but my weight hasn't changed. I recently found this app called lifesum which tells me how much Calories I have to eat daily to gain weight, I try to follow it and sometimes I have to roughly estimate the Calories or weight of some foods cuz I can't bring my kitchen weight scale in school😂😂.

If you have any advice pls don't hesitate to post them
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Imy22
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You have to be in a caloric surplus, try to eat 2500-3000 calories a day but avoid cardio. My number one tip for calorie intake is shakes. Make a shake with peanut butter, bananas, oats and milk and or whatever has a good amount of nutrients and calories in it and drink one every two days and you’ll start seeing results. I recommend working out 4 days a week because resting in vital for muscle growth. Do 4 45 minute workouts and train to failure
sayko12312
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imy22)
You have to be in a caloric surplus, try to eat 2500-3000 calories a day but avoid cardio. My number one tip for calorie intake is shakes. Make a shake with peanut butter, bananas, oats and milk and or whatever has a good amount of nutrients and calories in it and drink one every two days and you’ll start seeing results. I recommend working out 4 days a week because resting in vital for muscle growth. Do 4 45 minute workouts and train to failure
Okay but which days should I work out, should do one day and leave the next day or two days consecutively and rest the next two then again repeat
funk controller
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sayko12312)
Okay but which days should I work out, should do one day and leave the next day or two days consecutively and rest the next two then again repeat
Do not try to make your own programme if you dont know anything about programming. Look into running a proven programme if you want maximal gains - I suggest either Jim Wendlers Building the Monolith (might need to eat decently more for this) or nSuns 6 day (mainly because its geared towards building strength rather than size but its big volume means size gains too). Gaining muscle without fat means eating about 200-300 calories above your TDEE, itll take longer but if thats what you want then sure. Eat at least 100g protein/day. You dont need shakes if youre able to eat this much.

About what the other guy said - rest is only needed for each individual muscle, meaning if intelligently dividing your split, you CAN work out 7 days a week if you can handle it mentally (stop when you start experiencing signs of overtraining but if this happens, which is extremely hard to experience so you dont need to worry, then itll be several months in).
sayko12312
Rep:
?
(Original post by funk controller)
Do not try to make your own programme if you dont know anything about programming. Look into running a proven programme if you want maximal gains - I suggest either Jim Wendlers Building the Monolith (might need to eat decently more for this) or nSuns 6 day (mainly because its geared towards building strength rather than size but its big volume means size gains too). Gaining muscle without fat means eating about 200-300 calories above your TDEE, itll take longer but if thats what you want then sure. Eat at least 100g protein/day. You dont need shakes if youre able to eat this much.

About what the other guy said - rest is only needed for each individual muscle, meaning if intelligently dividing your split, you CAN work out 7 days a week if you can handle it mentally (stop when you start experiencing signs of overtraining but if this happens, which is extremely hard to experience so you dont need to worry, then itll be several months in).
Thanks I'll try nsuns
Jinwon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey

I'm v skinny and only 52 kg (17 Yr) , I wanna gain weight but not fat, I am working out for about 15 min a day for the past few weeks which already shows some results but my weight hasn't changed. I recently found this app called lifesum which tells me how much Calories I have to eat daily to gain weight, I try to follow it and sometimes I have to roughly estimate the Calories or weight of some foods cuz I can't bring my kitchen weight scale in school😂😂.

If you have any advice pls don't hesitate to post them
Listen, if you’re just starting out, don’t follow any **** online. They’re mostly just full of bad information written by idiots with big muscles that think they know how to workout. I recommend watching AthleanX on YT, he actually explains everything in terms or science and anatomy and he will instruct you in the proper exercises need to build yourself up. In terms of diet, if you want to gain weight cleanly eat lots of healthy foods such as chicken breast, lean pork, beef and your greens, salads and avocados and whatnot. Try to see what works best for you, and don’t push yourself too hard to try and build lots of muscle, it takes time. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck
sayko12312
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jinwon)
Listen, if you’re just starting out, don’t follow any **** online. They’re mostly just full of bad information written by idiots with big muscles that think they know how to workout. I recommend watching AthleanX on YT, he actually explains everything in terms or science and anatomy and he will instruct you in the proper exercises need to build yourself up. In terms of diet, if you want to gain weight cleanly eat lots of healthy foods such as chicken breast, lean pork, beef and your greens, salads and avocados and whatnot. Try to see what works best for you, and don’t push yourself too hard to try and build lots of muscle, it takes time. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck
Thanks yh currently I work out using this app 7 min workout and do the classic and ab workout. I try to track calories using lifesum and just try 100 sit ups and 100 push ups to push myself.
Jinwon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks yh currently I work out using this app 7 min workout and do the classic and ab workout. I try to track calories using lifesum and just try 100 sit ups and 100 push ups to push myself.
That will only get you so far, repeated exercises with increasing numbers won’t do much good once you get to a certain point. You need to vary your exercises and also don’t forget to exercise your back and legs, most important groups of muscle
funk controller
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Firstly you should get access to a gym for the best results. If you can only do bodyweight then you cant just do push ups and sit ups cause you're not training back, biceps, or legs. Use reddits r/bodyweightfitness for advice.

Also don't just dismiss information from credible people because they're not called athleanx, there's a lot of well written programmes that are better than what Jeff could write - he's a physical therapist and a sports coach, not a powerlifting etc coach. nSuns, Jim wendler, kalle beck, and many many other people are absolutely capable of writing a programme.
Lannister043
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want to build muscle, start lifting weights and keep your calories at a slight surplus.

Do a basic 5x5 routine and you'll be good to go
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads