Disgusting attack on Sri Lankans and Christians during Easter Sunday :( Watch

verycoolperson
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ARealNowhereMan)
There is a verse in the Quran, i forgot the actual translation but remember what it means. Was taught it by a teacher who was very dear to me at the masjid

which verse
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Peeps, seriously: can we not turn this into an(other) Islam-bashing thread? No one has owned up to orchestrating the attacks and there are various groups who could be behind it...
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Peeps, seriously: can we not turn this into an(other) Islam-bashing thread? No one has owned up to orchestrating the attacks and there are various groups who could be behind it...
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Like i said, i dont remember it, or the translation, or the name or location, but I remember the meaning
(Original post by verycoolperson)
which verse
verycoolperson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i agree if no one has claimed responsibility or found guilty, it is bad no matter who done it
verycoolperson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Like i said, i dont remember it, or the translation, or the name or location, but I remember the meaning
maybe ur teacher (who invalidated the jihad of the sahaba and the salaf and every other jihad after the prophet SAW died) made it up
SimpleMathsPhys
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's being silly. They are still associating themselves with a particular idea whether you like it or not. End of discussion since its really going off topic and its demoralizing to see so many killed, even I am a little shook up by this.
But in doing so they remove themselves from said religion or ideology. They just use a line or two from our holy book to justify all this **** and I hate it and it should be recognised that in doing what they do “in the name of [insert religion], they eject themselves from said religion.

I get very emotional about this. Sorry for wasting people’s time while reading this.
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I very much doubt it
(Original post by verycoolperson)
maybe ur teacher (who invalidated the jihad of the sahaba and the salaf and every other jihad after the prophet SAW died) made it up
Anyway, I’m sorry for disrupting this thread, and apologise to those with relatives, friends or who were themselves there in these attacks. I’m leaving the thread so as to not cause further dispruption.
zebraguy 20
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A really sad event. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
Last edited by zebraguy 20; 3 weeks ago
jAlAl12362
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Terrorists have killed hundreds of thousand more muslims than non muslim. Picking things out of context is wrong. There are people on TSr creating division again. Fake accounts and brainwashed fools. Get a life

I wish the best for Sri Lanka. Beautiful country.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jAlAl12362)
Terrorists have killed hundreds of thousand more muslims than non muslim. Picking things out of context is wrong. There are people on TSr creating division again. Fake accounts and brainwashed fools. Get a life

That's purely because they don't see those muslims as real/devout enough muslims, so it invalidates the point.

Aside from that, is there any need for you to get involved in dividing arguments, on the same day that over 200 people have been killed? No, the answer is no.
Professional G
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jAlAl12362)

I think this applies to both sides.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DedicatedWizard
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm a Sri Lankan Buddhist and my whole extended family live in Dehiwala and other places in Colombo. And we have Christian friends.

Luckily, they are all fine. I'm incredibly grateful and relieved. It's so upsetting to think this is all happening in my hometown, and I can't do much to help since I'm in the UK.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DedicatedWizard)
I'm a Sri Lankan Buddhist and my whole extended family live in Dehiwala and other places in Colombo. And we have Christian friends.

Luckily, they are all fine. I'm incredibly grateful and relieved. It's so upsetting to think this is all happening in my hometown, and I can't do much to help since I'm in the UK.
Oh gosh, it must have been very worrying for you when you heard the news. Glad your family are fine though
Reformed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Jihad is not allowed unless sanctioned by a prophet, of which none are still alive
what about all the jihads ( ie most of them) that occurred after mohammeds death?

official jihad or not, islamist terrorist groups can and do operate in various countries where there is a muslim population using dogma pulled from hadith etc to inspire murder. indoctrination is one of the most powerful tools a terrorist has

as i made reference to in a previous post- the sri lankan intelligence agency had intel on a specific threat from a known islamist group there, but due to some tragic admin mix up, it was never acted upon
Last edited by Reformed; 3 weeks ago
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
good 'standard meaningless response' but in reality there arny many other groups in that region currently that could have, beyond the one sri lankan intellgence already know about..

Islam-bashing not acceptable

Islamist terrorism bashing surely is acceptable?
Mohammed.Al-H
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
207 people dead. I’ve been thinking about this all day, very sad news

Also, very disrespectful to derail this thread
Last edited by Mohammed.Al-H; 3 weeks ago
Reformed
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mohammed.Al-H)
207 people dead. I’ve bsaveeen thinking about this all day, very sad news
Also, very disrespectful to derail this thread
it would be equally disprespectful to ignore who the murderers were and prevent other such attacks by the same islamist group. the current media blackout by the sri lankan government seems to simply be a means to cover their own incompetance than any civic reasons
Blackpanther93
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Reformed)
it would be equally disprespectful to ignore who the murderers were and prevent other such attacks by the same islamist group. the current media blackout by the sri lankan government seems to simply be a means to cover their own incompetance than any civic reasons
Suspects haven’t been confirmed. Focusing on who did this rather than the victims, is disrespectful. Buddhists are the majority, shutdown of social media has nothing to do with covering up anything, the world has never been shy to point fingers.
Last edited by Blackpanther93; 3 weeks ago
Blackpanther93
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m not that religious, but I know Easter Sunday is a very special day for so many Christians like my family. No one should every feel in danger in their place of worship
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.76%
Fairly positive (216)
32.73%
Just another year... (260)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
22.12%

Watched Threads