Jobs for 14 year olds Watch

sarahm12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m looking for a job in st albans and am 14 , does anyone know places I could work that arn’t paper rounds ?
Joe_01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unfortunately at the age of 14, paper rounds are really the only thing you can do since you are not yet able to be fully employed (you don’t have your national insurance number etc).
At the age of 16 you get your NI number which allows more freedom for part-time jobs but you are still restricted to the amount of hours you can do and what time you can work until!
It’s not until you turn 18 that you can work jobs with no age restriction!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Joe_01; 4 weeks ago
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sarahm12345)
I’m looking for a job in st albans and am 14 , does anyone know places I could work that arn’t paper rounds ?
Hey, what about babysitting or dog walking maybe?
Sophia
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sarahm12345)
Like has been said, at the age of 14, paper rounds are really the only thing you can do.
99% of places wont take people on until they are 16 (the big chains wont touch you with a bargepole). basically because a) the amount of laws and rules surrounding employing under 16's and b) you dont have a national insurance number (and you wont get one until just before you are 16).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.19%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (125)
18.66%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed