University Choice (Mechanical Engineering) Watch

LuRB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello Everyone,

Basically, my acceptance deadline is coming up soon, May 1st and I don't know which university I should choose. I got an unconditional offer from the University of Bath, Bristol, Edinburgh and Leeds and I struggle to make a choice. What would you choose if you were me and why?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
----_----
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally didnt like bath or bristol so
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what one person likes you not suit another. I would say Bath but then for some it might be too small a city and others might prefer a city university. You need to consider the type of university and city where you would like to live for 3 years, the location and how far you wish to be from home and which course interests you more. Only yo can make that decision. Nobody here can help you.
Helloworld_95
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Leeds is a bit cheaper and has a northern city vibe, on average it's going to take someone less time to get to Leeds from anywhere than your other options which also means travelling anywhere from Leeds will be easier if that matters to you.

Edinburgh is more expensive and doesn't have as much of an engineering background as the other universities. It's also quite far from everywhere which isn't Newcastle or in Scotland, though there are some fairly cheap flights between Edinburgh and some cities so that might work for you.

Bristol and Bath are a bit of a tandem choice which people usually choose based upon whether they like the larger city feel of Bristol or the smaller but more historic and richer feeling city of Bath. You can also choose between them based upon Bath being better at Formula student and helping students get industrial placements, and Bristol having a very strong reputation for Robotics if that's something you're considering going into.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (180)
22.9%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.56%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.58%
It was TERRIBLE (94)
11.96%

Watched Threads