Life at Birmingham City University

Watch this thread
david_sorbet
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am a Nigerian citizen currently applying for an MSc Dietetics at Birmingham City University, and although the website looks really nice with a lot of info, some other websites are giving me cause for concern with statements about quality of teaching and halls of residence.
I just need someone who is currently there, not necessarily in the course I'm applying to, to give a real answer about how life in Birmingham and Birmingham City University really is.
What can I expect and other related matters.
Thanks.
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by david_sorbet)
I am a Nigerian citizen currently applying for an MSc Dietetics at Birmingham City University, and although the website looks really nice with a lot of info, some other websites are giving me cause for concern with statements about quality of teaching and halls of residence.
I just need someone who is currently there, not necessarily in the course I'm applying to, to give a real answer about how life in Birmingham and Birmingham City University really is.
What can I expect and other related matters.
Thanks.
Hi David!

I am a third year adult nursing student at City South Campus. In January 2017 I began my journey, with little ambition and just wanting to get my head down and qualifying. This week I won ‘inspirational student of the year’ for everything I’ve accomplished over the past year! Something I never dreamed of. I wouldn’t be where I am today and doing all that I’m doing today without Birmingham City University and their fantastic teaching. Their lecturers have inspired me to do more and be more. With their teaching I’ve saved lives out on placement by recognising the early warning signs of deteriorating patients (something some of the qualified nurses hadn’t picked up on). And yes you’ll probably have one lecture out of the year or three that you really didn’t like (for me, this was research but that was down to my own personal preference and not the quality of teaching). Not only is the lecturing fabulous but they have fantastic services for mental health if you did struggle through the course - there’s an amazing support network at Birmingham City and you only have to look at their twitter pages to see this.

I can’t tell you which university to go for but my advice is go with whatever your heart and gut tells you, that’s always the right way forward. It’s how I picked BCU and I’ve never looked back. Good luck!

Claire Carmichael, Adult Nursing
david_sorbet
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
This has been very helpful. Thank you very much
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi David!

I am a third year adult nursing student at City South Campus. In January 2017 I began my journey, with little ambition and just wanting to get my head down and qualifying. This week I won ‘inspirational student of the year’ for everything I’ve accomplished over the past year! Something I never dreamed of. I wouldn’t be where I am today and doing all that I’m doing today without Birmingham City University and their fantastic teaching. Their lecturers have inspired me to do more and be more. With their teaching I’ve saved lives out on placement by recognising the early warning signs of deteriorating patients (something some of the qualified nurses hadn’t picked up on). And yes you’ll probably have one lecture out of the year or three that you really didn’t like (for me, this was research but that was down to my own personal preference and not the quality of teaching). Not only is the lecturing fabulous but they have fantastic services for mental health if you did struggle through the course - there’s an amazing support network at Birmingham City and you only have to look at their twitter pages to see this.

I can’t tell you which university to go for but my advice is go with whatever your heart and gut tells you, that’s always the right way forward. It’s how I picked BCU and I’ve never looked back. Good luck!

Claire Carmichael, Adult Nursing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads