Would this affect my chances of getting a girlfriend? Watch

username4600050
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a huge interest in the 1960s and 1970s. I love the music and television programmes.

Would this itself be off putting to a potential girlfriend? (Not including other factors such as attractiveness and confidence?)
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, of course not.
WolfofGatsby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Not at all, guys tended to be a lot more chivalrous back in those days and there are a lot of girls who love chivalry and when a guy has an old-fashioned aesthetic
Jack22031994
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lil_student_xoxo)
I have a huge interest in the 1960s and 1970s. I love the music and television programmes.

Would this itself be off putting to a potential girlfriend? (Not including other factors such as attractiveness and confidence?)
No, why would it? Its something interests you and you're passionate about! Better than having no interests, being passionate about nothing as thats quite boring.
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I reckon in many instances this could be used to your advantage. Don't labour it on first dates though if there's not immediate resonance though.
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You sound like a cool dude
truong73
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

No, if anything it will increase your chances of finding someone better suited to you as your interests are quite specific.
snugglebear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You sound totally rad, my man.
username4600050
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
No, of course not.
Thanks,
username4600050
Rep:
?
(Original post by WolfofGatsby)
Not at all, guys tended to be a lot more chivalrous back in those days and there are a lot of girls who love chivalry and when a guy has an old-fashioned aesthetic
That’s good to hear!
(Original post by Jack22031994)
No, why would it? Its something interests you and you're passionate about! Better than having no interests, being passionate about nothing as thats quite boring.
Thank You!
(Original post by Zarek)
I reckon in many instances this could be used to your advantage. Don't labour it on first dates though if there's not immediate resonance though.
How could it be used to my advantage?
(Original post by ARealNowhereMan)
You sound like a cool dude
Thanks. Really like your user name
(Original post by truong73)
No, if anything it will increase your chances of finding someone better suited to you as your interests are quite specific.
Thanks
(Original post by snugglebear)
You sound totally rad, my man.
Thank you
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Style yourself on Shaft. If you can pull it off, women will be throwing themselves at your feet.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

You're a teen right?

The age where everyone dresses like everyone else, likes all the same music, and tries real hard to be cool etc etc and keep up an image

and whilst they're all talking about Drake and Ariana grande and playing that sh*t on loudspeaker, you're tapping your feet and clicking your fingers to Bob Dylan and the Beatles?

It will be an issue for some girls I reckon. can't say how many but you might have trouble fitting it at times
username4600050
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
Style yourself on Shaft. If you can pull it off, women will be throwing themselves at your feet.
You mean style myself of the TV programme? Yeah ok thanks.
(Original post by ANM775)
You're a teen right?

The age where everyone dresses like everyone else, likes all the same music, and tries real hard to be cool etc etc and keep up an image

and whilst they're all talking about Drake and Ariana grande and playing that sh*t on loudspeaker, you're tapping your feet and clicking your fingers to Bob Dylan and the Beatles?

It will be an issue for some girls I reckon. can't say how many but you might have trouble fitting it at times
So you think it might be a problem? Would bring different not set me apart and make me seem more appealing?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you think it might be a problem? Would bring different not set me apart and make me seem more appealing?
Birds of a feather tend to flock together as the saying goes

Opposites attracts happens but far less

I think it will make you less appealing to some girls [the image conscious trendy sort of girls] but there will be girls where it won't be an issue
username4600050
Rep:
?
Ok
(Original post by ANM775)
Birds of a feather tend to flock together as the saying goes

Opposites attracts happens but far less

I think it will make you less appealing to some girls [the image conscious trendy sort of girls] but there will be girls where it won't be an issue
username4600050
Rep:
?

username4600050
Rep:
?

ririroo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
no not at all! girls love when you have different interests, it makes u more interesting and gives u more to talk about
username4600050
Rep:
?
(Original post by ririroo)
no not at all! girls love when you have different interests, it makes u more interesting and gives u more to talk about
Thanks!
----_----
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Nope, its just something youre interested in and its not harming anyone. Some girls might think youre trying too hard to b eedgy or different but most wont mind and you might find a few with the same interests
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (291)
25.82%
The paper was reasonable (489)
43.39%
Not feeling great about that exam (225)
19.96%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
10.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise