Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
during easter, ive only done chemistry german business english and some maths and geography (paper 1 and nearly done paper 2 revision but didnt even do any paper 3) UNCONFIDENTLY due to family issues, i havent even done any physics or biology paper 2? am I supposed to be finished with paper 2 revision if i want a 9?
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, don't panic, it will be OK. You don't have physics until after half term so you'll have the whole half term to learn it. 're With biology, I suggest you go through the spec for paper 2 and rate every topic between 1-5, 1 being you're really confident and could probably answer any question and 5 being you don't even understand what the title means. From there, gradually work through the numbers from 5-1, so that you're revising the stuff you know least first. As for how to revise, if you do practice questions and mark them then you'll get to understand how the mark schemes work as well as learning to content and identifying what you need to do more on, which will benefit all your biology exams. But honestly, it will be OK. GCSEs are horrible and stressful but you need to keep reminding yourself that they are not the be all and end all- even if you had a disaster (which I'm sure that you won't) you could retake and no one would even known in the future unless you told them! Make sure you're getting enough sleep as it will improve your brain function, and give yourself some time each day just to relax and do what you want. It doesn't sound beneficial, but seriously, it helps!

Resouce recommendations:
- The Wooden Spoon podcast
- PrimroseKitten youtube
- 21 physics equations song
- The electromagnetic spectrum song
- Momentum grease lightening parody song
(can you tell how I learned physics?!)
- past papers
- sleep
- daily sport

I did GCSEs last year so i know what you're going through... if you want to talk send me a message
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by redmeercat)
Hey, don't panic, it will be OK. You don't have physics until after half term so you'll have the whole half term to learn it. 're With biology, I suggest you go through the spec for paper 2 and rate every topic between 1-5, 1 being you're really confident and could probably answer any question and 5 being you don't even understand what the title means. From there, gradually work through the numbers from 5-1, so that you're revising the stuff you know least first. As for how to revise, if you do practice questions and mark them then you'll get to understand how the mark schemes work as well as learning to content and identifying what you need to do more on, which will benefit all your biology exams. But honestly, it will be OK. GCSEs are horrible and stressful but you need to keep reminding yourself that they are not the be all and end all- even if you had a disaster (which I'm sure that you won't) you could retake and no one would even known in the future unless you told them! Make sure you're getting enough sleep as it will improve your brain function, and give yourself some time each day just to relax and do what you want. It doesn't sound beneficial, but seriously, it helps!

Resouce recommendations:
- The Wooden Spoon podcast
- PrimroseKitten youtube
- 21 physics equations song
- The electromagnetic spectrum song
- Momentum grease lightening parody song
(can you tell how I learned physics?!)
- past papers
- sleep
- daily sport

I did GCSEs last year so i know what you're going through... if you want to talk send me a message
tysm, lmaooo i know the electromagnetic spectrum song haha! can i please send you a message?
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I swear, the EMS song got me thorugh both Physics and Astronomy! And of course
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
tysm, lmaooo i know the electromagnetic spectrum song haha! can i please send you a message?
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
hecc! you do astronomy, isnt that an extra gcse? lucky person! i wanted to astronomy and ill be allowed to do it if i do well in my gcses!
I swear, the EMS song got me thorugh both Physics and Astronomy! And of course
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did it in year 9 back in 2016 and successfully fell asleep in the coursework, so that went well! It was good, although I didn't work terribly hard because, like most year 9s, I just didn't understand how to revise or how much I should have revised! GOt through it, though, so it's all fine!
hecc! you do astronomy, isnt that an extra gcse? lucky person! i wanted to astronomy and ill be allowed to do it if i do well in my gcses!
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
ooF,in year 9 i remember just doing a short business studies course and giving up lol. but i still managed to get an a
I did it in year 9 back in 2016 and successfully fell asleep in the coursework, so that went well! It was good, although I didn't work terribly hard because, like most year 9s, I just didn't understand how to revise or how much I should have revised! GOt through it, though, so it's all fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads