GCSE AQA power and conflict poem to come up??

Watch this thread
lil squid
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I know you are supposed to revise all the poems, and i am, but does anyone have any ideas what poems might come up this year? Or which ones definitely wont
studya03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Ozymandias came up last year so it won’t this year and the year before that I think it was bayonet charge that came up - so it’s unlikely either will come up, revision wise don’t bother learning all of them, learn one for every theme (so like war, identity, power of nature etc.), especially the ones that you can easily compare to others and remember context
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I don't think they'll include the poem Tissue - that seems too harsh, because it's not a straightforward poem and it's hard to understand.
username4604814
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Maybe something on identity as that theme hasn’t come up yet. With regards to your revision I wouldn’t suggests learning all the poems
(Original post by anamoore)
I know you are supposed to revise all the poems, and i am, but does anyone have any ideas what poems might come up this year? Or which ones definitely wont
Anisha23456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Maybe chekcing out me history-dem tell me,dem tell me,wha dem tell me,
or chrafe of the light brigade
or poppies/exposure

Moreover, I think its gone be a conflict/war poem-

If you see the pattern-
specimen-power
2017-conflict.war
2018-power- repeated as specimen
2019-conflict

howver to be on the safe side its best to revise london, ozymandia(conflict), prelude
hamnam
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hi i have english gcse lit tomorrow and i wanna know what poem may come uo
tecna
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I need help finding a song as well
It goes
"You can be anything you wanna be
Baby I have been having..."
Idk the next part that's all I can remember
joe_gregg1
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
same
cobainsclouts
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i’ve heard a lot about checking out me history , london and the emigree so that’s what i’m revising
xxvanillaxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cobainsclouts)
i’ve heard a lot about checking out me history , london and the emigree so that’s what i’m revising
but I thought London came up in the 2021 papers already?
cobainsclouts
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i thought it was assessed grades last year ? It definitely could have done but it’s what my teachers suggested and to be fair it can be compared well with any of the power focused ones!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads