The Student Room Group

Plea in Mitigation GBH s.20

I am very confused as to what sentence to suggest in my plea in mitigation. The client is charged with s.20 GBH without intent. The case suggests greater harm (stitches and broken nose) which puts it in category 2. This means the sentence range is 1-3 years prison but the parole officer suggests community service which is in the category 3 range?? No previous convictions. Could I suggest community service even though it is not within the range of Category 2? Thanks very much.
Original post by alcak249
I am very confused as to what sentence to suggest in my plea in mitigation. The client is charged with s.20 GBH without intent. The case suggests greater harm (stitches and broken nose) which puts it in category 2. This means the sentence range is 1-3 years prison but the parole officer suggests community service which is in the category 3 range?? No previous convictions. Could I suggest community service even though it is not within the range of Category 2? Thanks very much.

depends to the nature of the judge deciding the case whether bold spirit or timorous soul

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending