Edexcel AS Maths Paper 1 and 2 8MA0 - 15th/22nd May 2019 [Exam Discussion] Watch

ak113
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...20maths%202019

Unofficial markcheme here please help fill it out!
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The crashmaths papers were easier in comparison. What line did you guys get for the linear model? I couldn't really understand what to do :/
gradeguesser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cmuld)
For the tin question part C(maybe) I think they asked you to find the amount of tin mined in 2023, as opposed to the part A which was up to 2020 or whatever. So you had to do the equation for n+1 and subtract n. At least this is what I did? Saw it was a 2 mark and re read the question and spotted it was differently worded
yeah i agree i think. I believe i worked out how much they’d mined in 4 years (up to jan 1st 2023) and then up to 5 years (jan 1st 2024) then took them away to work out how much was mined in the year 2023 was like 100 and something.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
soyfisher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
wait is everyone saying that the last question was 15.0° because I used some whack guessing method to get 15 and was certain that I was wrong
(Original post by PureHeroine)
basically got similar answers to you
well done for getting the last question 😂 only a handful of people in my year understood it
gradeguesser
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by PureHeroine)
The crashmaths papers were easier in comparison. What line did you guys get for the linear model? I couldn't really understand what to do :/
have to use H=at+b (i think it was H and t) then sub in both values to get two equations and then solve them simultaneously to get an equation.
cmuld
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by gradeguesser)
yeah i agree i think. I believe i worked out how much they’d mined in 4 years (up to jan 1st 2023) and then up to 5 years (jan 1st 2024) then took them away to work out how much was mined in the year 2023 was like 100 and something.
Sweet yeah that’s what I did and got something like 100
PureHeroine
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by soyfisher)
wait is everyone saying that the last question was 15.0° because I used some whack guessing method to get 15 and was certain that I was wrong
yup im sure you got the correct answer
have to use H=at+b (i think it was H and t) then sub in both values to get two equations and then solve them simultaneously to get an equation.
ohhhhhh makes sense. thanks
ak113
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The unofficial markscheme can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5947140

Feel free to discuss the paper on that thread so that more people can find it
pinkbluex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OH NO I DID 2022 and 2023 I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT COMPLLED ME IM SO ANNOYED
(Original post by cmuld)
Sweet yeah that’s what I did and got something like 100
hd...
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Well i need to revise stats/ mechanics that paper was like 20 pages and so hard....
Rudav123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by hd...)
Well i need to revise stats/ mechanics that paper was like 20 pages and so hard....
Indeed hopefully can cram enough revision in in the next 6 days ☹️
ItsRyaaaaaaaan
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yh i subbed in n=5 tne n=4 then i used the difference
Megan Vingoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sitting these papers too. I found pure today okay, a few of the questions were a bit out there but honestly not the worst... hope I'm not jinxing myself! Stats+mechs is definitely my downfall... praying for a nice paper ! Good luck for all of your exams
(Original post by Rudav123)
I’m not sure what you mean, these are the papers and dates etc ...
Attachment 812000
Attachment 812002
Rudav123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Megan Vingoe)
I'm sitting these papers too. I found pure today okay, a few of the questions were a bit out there but honestly not the worst... hope I'm not jinxing myself! Stats+mechs is definitely my downfall... praying for a nice paper ! Good luck for all of your exams
I agree I was okay for most of the front of the paper but the last few I really think didn’t go well but oh well I’ll move on and try my best for next week (which will likely go worse for me!).
Good luck to you also.
686868t
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
hey guys, please if anyone could help. The bronze silver gold papers.. Should i do them or should i do solomon papers or what exactly im soooooo lost 😭
√-1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
do both if u have time but there isn't many crash maths papers for further
SDT021402
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm really confused. In Stats & Mechanics, when do you leave your answer as a fraction? When should you leave the answer as it is, or to 2 significant figures or to 3 significant figures? When marking past papers, the mark scheme doesn't show any consistency and I'm worried I'm gonna lose stupid marks here.
Ryan0887
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm pretty sure its 135, you found 15 degrees and you had 30 degrees you then did 180-30-15 = 135
(Original post by soyfisher)
pinkbluex
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I am sooooo not ready for stats and mechanics, like I hope pure saves my grade
SDT021402
Rep:
?
Report 10 hours ago
Who’s got some answers for the Stats and mech paper we just done?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (352)
30.66%
The paper was reasonable (460)
40.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (197)
17.16%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
12.11%

Watched Threads