The Student Room Group

Which uni to choose?

I have a problem with choosing my firm, I have offers from Uni of Manchester (Modern Language and Business & Management (Spanish)) Leeds and Loughborough (International Business) and I don't know which one to firm. From what I've heard Manchester is the best out of three, but it requires higher results and I think I won;t be able to achieve them. Leeds and Loughborough require pretty much the same, but it;s hard for me to decide...please help
(edited 5 years ago)
It depends maybe on which course your most interested in, don’t be put off because of higher grades they wouldn’t have given you the offer if they thought you would never achieve them - just a question of whether to work harder? If you don’t get them you can always then go to your insurance that’s the whole point of the insurance. But if you really don’t think you will achieve those grades perhaps see which of the other two courses offers modules you or more interested or what uni you like the vibe of more
Original post by WLUG
I have a problem with choosing my firm, I have offers from Uni of Manchester (Modern Language and Business & Management (Spanish)) Leeds and Loughborough (International Business) and I don't know which one to firm. From what I've heard Manchester is the best out of three, but it requires higher results and I think I won;t be able to achieve them. Leeds and Loughborough require pretty much the same, but it;s hard for me to decide...please help
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. I've already looked through the course modules and they are basically the same. From what I understood Loughborough gives more interesting options when it comes to study abroad/placements, however the leeds as a city seems more fun. I haven;t had the opportunity to visit neither of those places, thus I have such a big problem deciding..
Original post by emilybond:)
It depends maybe on which course your most interested in, don’t be put off because of higher grades they wouldn’t have given you the offer if they thought you would never achieve them - just a question of whether to work harder? If you don’t get them you can always then go to your insurance that’s the whole point of the insurance. But if you really don’t think you will achieve those grades perhaps see which of the other two courses offers modules you or more interested or what uni you like the vibe of more
My teacher at school told us if we really couldn’t decide assign one university to heads and one to tails and flip a coin, if you are happy with the result or not that shows you which one you actually prefer more - or just decide what’s more important to you - the work study placements or the city life seems like a tough call though I feel you
Original post by WLUG
Thank you for your reply. I've already looked through the course modules and they are basically the same. From what I understood Loughborough gives more interesting options when it comes to study abroad/placements, however the leeds as a city seems more fun. I haven;t had the opportunity to visit neither of those places, thus I have such a big problem deciding..
Reply 4
They’re all good universities, wouldn’t say there’s a major difference between them in terms of rep.

It should be relatively easy to eliminate Loughborough or keep it - it’s very different and much smaller than Leeds and Manchester, which are massive party cities. If you’d rather somewhere quieter or with a heavy sporting focus, Loughborough is a good choice.

Manchester and Leeds are on a similar level, so check the course again and where you’d rather live. As for results, Manchester are generally quite flexible if you miss your offer but don’t bank on this.

Go for the one you prefer and trust your gut instinct.
Reply 5
Thank you. Well, what interested me in Loughborough was that it was chosen the university of the year and no. 1 in student reviews also the possibilities of placement and study abroad, I enjoy physical activity/going to the gym, however I don't do any sports. If it's really so sport-oriented then I think I will have trouble fitting in.

Original post by Arisapo
They’re all good universities, wouldn’t say there’s a major difference between them in terms of rep.

It should be relatively easy to eliminate Loughborough or keep it - it’s very different and much smaller than Leeds and Manchester, which are massive party cities. If you’d rather somewhere quieter or with a heavy sporting focus, Loughborough is a good choice.

Manchester and Leeds are on a similar level, so check the course again and where you’d rather live. As for results, Manchester are generally quite flexible if you miss your offer but don’t bank on this.

Go for the one you prefer and trust your gut instinct.
Reply 6
Original post by WLUG
Thank you. Well, what interested me in Loughborough was that it was chosen the university of the year and no. 1 in student reviews also the possibilities of placement and study abroad, I enjoy physical activity/going to the gym, however I don't do any sports. If it's really so sport-oriented then I think I will have trouble fitting in.

It's renowned for sport and a lot of the students there will be sporty but there will also be some who aren't. You wouldn't have trouble fitting in regardless.

They're all good unis and you can't really go wrong whichever one you choose. Look in depth at the courses, city life, accommodation, distance from home or whatever other things are important to you and decide on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending