Sexist judge

Watch this thread
That'sGreat
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Has anyone heard any updates about the scummy judge who let a woman off for crashing and burning her car after having downed a bottle of wine?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Last I heard someone complained to the JCIO about her sentencing comments and they are investigating her for possible breaches of conduct regulations.
I'm a female who doesn't agree with the comments that Judge Buckingham made or the opinions that she apparently holds.
But it is a bit over dramatic to call her a sexist or her opinions scummy.
Those opinions are widely shared and openly espoused by many professionals working within the criminal justice system.
There is also an influential grassroots activist campaign initiative that aims to avoid the sentencing women of who have never been jailed to imprisonment sentences for all offences that do not involve a fatality or involve substantial premeditation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (86)
19.5%
The paper was reasonable (167)
37.87%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.76%
It was TERRIBLE (70)
15.87%

Watched Threads