Statement from the Prime Minister: Response to P88 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a statement in the Model House of Commons (MHoC), made by a minister in the TSR Government. It's a way ministers can communicate their plans to the rest of parliament, but it doesn't have any binding effect and it won't be voted on. All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the statement's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

Statement from the Prime Minister: Response to P88

Statement from Her Majesty’s Prime Minister on behalf of Her Majesty’s Government
The Right Honourable ns_2 MP

Regarding the passage of petition 88, concerning the ‘ending of the netting of bushes, trees and hedgerows’

Mr Speaker,

In compliance with our obligations and with the procedure outlined in the Guidance Document of this House, I speak on behalf of my Government to outline the course of action this Government intends to take following the passage of petition 88, regarding ending the netting of bushes, trees and hedgerows.

This Government shall present a bill to the House tomorrow, which according to the details of the petition shall make ‘make placing such netting a criminal offence’.

Whilst we as a cohesive entity do not support the terms of the petition, we believe that our commitment to the processes of this House must supersede the political whim of our party, and our government.

We look forward to presenting the bill to the House, and working with the House to find a solid legislative consensus.

I commend this Statement to the House.
Last edited by Saracen's Fez; 1 month ago
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair enough; I look forward to seeing the Bill.
London090
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Connor27)
Fair enough; I look forward to seeing the Bill.
As do i.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thank the House for supporting my petition and the Prime Minister for the response of the Government. I look forward to seeing the Bill.

I wish the members of the House a happy Easter.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Another non-statement from the government which does nothing but say they will do what they are obliged to do, but if past statements of this type are anything to go by they will still fail to meet their obligations.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Another non-statement from the government which does nothing but say they will do what they are obliged to do, but if past statements of this type are anything to go by they will still fail to meet their obligations.
This statement is de facto required by the GD and was done precisely to prevent people from claiming we do not fulfil our obligations. The bill referenced in this statement has already been written and submitted to the Speaker.
04MR17
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure what Jammy was expecting from this kind of statement. I am glad to see things being put in place nonetheless.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Debate on this statement has concluded.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads