The Student Room Group

Sheffield Hallam Accommodation

Hi,

I have a simple question about this universities accommodation. For every house I've looked at, it deems that the start date is on the 20th of September or somewhat later.

However, my university course, Accounting and Finance, begins on the 1st of September.

What do I do?

Many Thanks,

Texet
Reply 1
Bump
Hi,

Most student accommodations have an early arrival option where you can move in before the start date. For example, our accommodation in Sheffield has a check-in date of the 14th September, however many residents choose to arrive earlier if possible to do so (for example, if the room they have been allocated is vacated on their arrival date)

Have you spoken to the accommodation to see if this is something they offer?
Original post by texet
Hi,

I have a simple question about this universities accommodation. For every house I've looked at, it deems that the start date is on the 20th of September or somewhat later.

However, my university course, Accounting and Finance, begins on the 1st of September.

What do I do?

Many Thanks,

Texet
Original post by texet
Hi,

What do I do?

Many Thanks,

Texet

Hi @texet

Which accommodation have you put as your first choice?

Thanks,
Helen
I had this query as well and emailed the uni and they said:

The academic year begins on 1st September each year, however enrolment and welcome week commenced on Monday 23rd September,
More information regarding enrolment and timetables will be circulated in August.

obviously I'm not sure if it is the same for your course too but I assume so.
Reply 5
Yeah, I rang them. They said it's just what UCAS does, the course starts around the 20th of September. I'm doing Accounting and Finance.
Original post by grilledpeach
I had this query as well and emailed the uni and they said:

The academic year begins on 1st September each year, however enrolment and welcome week commenced on Monday 23rd September,
More information regarding enrolment and timetables will be circulated in August.

obviously I'm not sure if it is the same for your course too but I assume so.
Original post by texet
Yeah, I rang them. They said it's just what UCAS does, the course starts around the 20th of September. I'm doing Accounting and Finance.

Hi @texet

Good luck for starting uni in September. Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks,
Helen

Quick Reply