Motivation Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been feeling extremely burnt out these past few days. It's not good considering school starts on Tuesday and my speaking GCSE exam is on Thursday. I started revising a long time ago, yet it still feels like I know nothing

On top of that, I have massive exam-hall anxiety and I'm really dreading exams.

motivate me guysss !
eashdown17
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Honestly, you can do this! GCSEs only last about a month, maybe a little more depending on your subjects, but that’s actually so short! I did my GCSEs two years ago and when I did, I only revised when I felt like I wanted to, so that I didn’t burn myself out or associate revision with hating life in my head . Also, I had massive exam-hall anxiety too! I didn’t even know I did until my first actual GCSE when I had a panic attack in French listening, so straight after that exam I went to my head of Year (also my French teacher) and asked if there was anything she could do to help, and she was really supportive and made sure I sat right at the back of the hall for every other exam so I was next to the door. Overall, GCSEs really don’t last that long and, I know it doesn’t feel like it now, but in hind sight they’re not that important! Hopefully this helps
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Hiro2468
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For exam-hall anxiety I don't know if it'll work for you but for me I normally have a chill back response because most of the time I'm singing a nice catchy tune in my head. While I'm answering questions I'm just making music in my head to distract my brain that I've screwed up (^_^ )
youngwez123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's deffo worth taking a look at studentbuzz.co

I managed to get 2 months' free spotify from there and regularly get good content (you choose what you want to see), regularly get good motivation tips and things to keep me going
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been feeling extremely burnt out these past few days. It's not good considering school starts on Tuesday and my speaking GCSE exam is on Thursday. I started revising a long time ago, yet it still feels like I know nothing

On top of that, I have massive exam-hall anxiety and I'm really dreading exams.

motivate me guysss !
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't worry about it. They will soon be over, you've put the work in, and the vast majority of people end up finding GCSEs easier than they have been hyped to be.

Also, in my school, you can request a smaller room, and there were about 4 people in my year who took their exams separately in a classroom because of anxiety. It might be worth speaking to your teacher about doing this, as this could help take your mind off things. The people in that room were free to wander round if they wanted to, and could also have classical music on so it wasn't completely silent, as I know that makes a lot of people nervous.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eashdown17)
Honestly, you can do this! GCSEs only last about a month, maybe a little more depending on your subjects, but that’s actually so short! I did my GCSEs two years ago and when I did, I only revised when I felt like I wanted to, so that I didn’t burn myself out or associate revision with hating life in my head . Also, I had massive exam-hall anxiety too! I didn’t even know I did until my first actual GCSE when I had a panic attack in French listening, so straight after that exam I went to my head of Year (also my French teacher) and asked if there was anything she could do to help, and she was really supportive and made sure I sat right at the back of the hall for every other exam so I was next to the door. Overall, GCSEs really don’t last that long and, I know it doesn’t feel like it now, but in hind sight they’re not that important! Hopefully this helps
Thank you so so much, I’ll definitely ask my head of year if I feel anxious. 💕💕
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hiro2468)
For exam-hall anxiety I don't know if it'll work for you but for me I normally have a chill back response because most of the time I'm singing a nice catchy tune in my head. While I'm answering questions I'm just making music in my head to distract my brain that I've screwed up (^_^ )
Ahaha I’ll defo try that!!! Thank you x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by youngwez123)
It's deffo worth taking a look at studentbuzz.co

I managed to get 2 months' free spotify from there and regularly get good content (you choose what you want to see), regularly get good motivation tips and things to keep me going
Thank you so much!! I’ll definitely check the site out, free Spotify premium sounds amazing!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
Don't worry about it. They will soon be over, you've put the work in, and the vast majority of people end up finding GCSEs easier than they have been hyped to be.

Also, in my school, you can request a smaller room, and there were about 4 people in my year who took their exams separately in a classroom because of anxiety. It might be worth speaking to your teacher about doing this, as this could help take your mind off things. The people in that room were free to wander round if they wanted to, and could also have classical music on so it wasn't completely silent, as I know that makes a lot of people nervous.
Hopefully my school offers separate rooms, every time I walk into the exam hall I feel like I’m going to have a panic attack. I’ll definitely ask my teachers, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise