The Student Room Group

Prom

So i am scared of my prom i dont even know what to wear i look like a fish and its just ergh
now prom isnt a big thing at my school people wear short dresses and im not about that life
I need help
Wear you like and don't bother with what other people say. If you want to wear a dress, be my guest, jeans? sure, PJs? what the hey.
Just wear what you are comfortable with.
Reply 2
Well i said i want to go in my pjs but my teachers told me its not allowed
Original post by Professional G
Wear you like and don't bother with what other people say. If you want to wear a dress, be my guest, jeans? sure, PJs? what the hey.
Just wear what you are comfortable with.
I went dressed as Constantine XI Palaiologos....try that..
Just find something you like and wear it. I'm not sure what the problem is?
Original post by Jasyy
Well i said i want to go in my pjs but my teachers told me its not allowed

Apart from PJs, theres still plenty of options.
Reply 6
The problem is i dont know what to wear to a prom
and i like to wear my pjs but that isnt allowed and i normally get in trouble at school for wearing my pjs anyways
Original post by That'sGreat
Just find something you like and wear it. I'm not sure what the problem is?
Original post by Jasyy
The problem is i dont know what to wear to a prom
and i like to wear my pjs but that isnt allowed and i normally get in trouble at school for wearing my pjs anyways

Firstly, why do you wear pyjamas to school? What's wrong with normal clothes?

Secondly, the standard for a prom is formal wear, not even sure why PJs have crossed your mind. It's like trying to go to a funeral in a bikini, just wear a dress ifs
Reply 8
I know i am being difficult sorry its just so difficult im not good with clothes
like i was thinking of a suit but then my mum would go mad because she has never went to prom herself and she would want me to wear a dress and its so difficult
Reply 9
This may sound stupid but my normal clothes are way too big for me :/ and pjs just fit me perfectly and not all stores have a petite second for jeans
I am at an awkward height
Original post by That'sGreat
Firstly, why do you wear pyjamas to school? What's wrong with normal clothes?

Secondly, the standard for a prom is formal wear, not even sure why PJs have crossed your mind. It's like trying to go to a funeral in a bikini, just wear a dress ifs
Why not be different and not go? Boycott this tacky US tradition- take back control! We are not the 51st state.
Reply 11
Lol im not in the US :biggrin:
Original post by barnetlad
Why not be different and not go? Boycott this tacky US tradition- take back control! We are not the 51st state.
maybe a jumpsuit would be something you feel more comfortable in?there are many styles so you can go for a very simple one if you wish or something more glam
if you dont like dresses or suits wear a jumpsuit, it's pretty close to pjs
Reply 14
I wore a jumpsuit to my prom and it was really comfortable better then a dress. what sort of things do you wear on a regular what do you feel good i think from there it will help you decide what you want to wear apart from Pjs and if you really cant find anything then you don't have to go. why don't you talk to some friends or go out shopping with them and try on somethings this may help you decide what you want to wear.
Original post by tasminbrooks
if you dont like dresses or suits wear a jumpsuit, it's pretty close to pjs

Quick Reply

Latest