**Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2020 Thread** Watch

ibd_memes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
This is the official mega-thread for those starting university this September or going into second year of a four year course (or third year of a five year course). Thanks to @Princepieman

The following firms offer spring weeks:

BBs
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan
BAML
Credit Suisse
Citi
Deutsche Bank
Barclays Investment Bank
UBS

EBs:
Lazard
Rothschild
Evercore
PWP (Women's)
PJT

BSBs and MMs:
HSBC
RBC
BNP Paribas
Nomura
Jefferies
Macquarie

Big4 (mainly audit/corpfin)
KPMG
Deloitte
PwC
EY

Consulting:
BCG Insight (usually September)
Mckinsey Discover (can clash with normal spring weeks)

Commodities:
BP IST
VCMT

AM:
Schroders
BlackRock
Aviva Investors

PE:
Blackstone (Women's)
yusyus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Question: is it possible/allowed to apply to a spring week in the first year of a four year course? Also, will I need to do a lot of reading about finance since I know little about it? (I'll be studying chemical engineering at Imperial)
xtrembob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by yusyus)
Question: is it possible/allowed to apply to a spring week in the first year of a four year course? Also, will I need to do a lot of reading about finance since I know little about it? (I'll be studying chemical engineering at Imperial)
1) normally not - but you could always say that it is a 3 year course... many students do that.
2) not specifically I know people that know jack**** about finance that still made it onto Spring weeks although I'd recommend you read financial news (the FT is good enough once a week - should have it for free through your university). And I'd recommend you get involved with the relevant finance societies at your school - they should help your regarding more specific readings - feel free to PM me about stuff to read depending on you area of interest ie M&A vs S&T vs ER vs AM etc
ishaangupta
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ibd_memes)
This is the official mega-thread for those starting university this September or going into second year of a four year course (or third year of a five year course). Thanks to @Princepieman

The following firms offer spring weeks:

BBs
Goldman Sachs
Morgan Stanley
JPMorgan
BAML
Credit Suisse
Citi
Deutsche Bank
Barclays Investment Bank
UBS

EBs:
Lazard
Rothschild
Evercore
PWP (Women's)
PJT

BSBs and MMs:
HSBC
RBC
BNP Paribas
Nomura
Jefferies
Macquarie

Big4 (mainly audit/corpfin)
KPMG
Deloitte
PwC
EY

Consulting:
BCG Insight (usually September)
Mckinsey Discover (can clash with normal spring weeks)

Commodities:
BP IST
VCMT

AM:
Schroders
BlackRock
Aviva Investors

PE:
Blackstone (Women's)
Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I shall be joining UCL for pursuing BSc Economics this september and will be applying for investment banks for the summer week. I am from India and will require all the help to make a credible application. Can you please advice me on preparing my CVs probably some example of successful CVs or any links that you know of, which I can read. Thanks once again.
xtrembob
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
google.com - more seriously plenty of available resources available online. Also join the finance societies they will help you.
(Original post by ishaangupta)
Thanks a lot for starting this thread. I shall be joining UCL for pursuing BSc Economics this september and will be applying for investment banks for the summer week. I am from India and will require all the help to make a credible application. Can you please advice me on preparing my CVs probably some example of successful CVs or any links that you know of, which I can read. Thanks once again.
ishaangupta
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thanks!
(Original post by xtrembob)
google.com - more seriously plenty of available resources available online. Also join the finance societies they will help you.
ParkJiSung777
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Given that classes start around August/September and apps open around the same time, what should first years put down for grades/GPA? Should we just put down a list of classes or should we do something else in addition?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ParkJiSung777)
Given that classes start around August/September and apps open around the same time, what should first years put down for grades/GPA? Should we just put down a list of classes or should we do something else in addition?
is not taken into account, would put predicted 2:1 or 1st
germaneis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A lot of the Career sites dont have the spring weeks listed yet. When is it expected to come up? And do you guys think german students have a chance to get in?
xtrembob
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
will be posted through september, yes plenty of german people at spring weeks.
(Original post by germaneis)
A lot of the Career sites dont have the spring weeks listed yet. When is it expected to come up? And do you guys think german students have a chance to get in?
ph1lcheung
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I am now a first year maths student at Oxford. I am planning to apply AM spring week next year. Does any body know if the headcount of AM(both spring and summer)is significantly fewer than that of S&T? If that is the situation, I might consider to apply for trading role instead.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ph1lcheung)
I am now a first year maths student at Oxford. I am planning to apply AM spring week next year. Does any body know if the headcount of AM(both spring and summer)is significantly fewer than that of S&T? If that is the situation, I might consider to apply for trading role instead.
it is tiny. BR takes ~4 in Equities, ~4 in FI. Fidelity is probably less.
ph1lcheung
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
thank u so much. And do u know about that in BBs?like GSAM or JPAM?
ph1lcheung
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Princepieman)
thank u so much. And do u know about that in those BBs? like GSAM or JPAM
Princepieman
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ph1lcheung)
thank u so much. And do u know about that in those BBs? like GSAM or JPAM
all are <10
xtrembob
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
More than that for Springs (8 in both I believe) but can confirm 4 in Equities for SA/FT.
(Original post by Princepieman)
banker12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Does the participation in the BNP Paribas Discovery Days and Morgan Stanley Mixed Open Days benefit applications for spring weeks?
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by banker12345)
Does the participation in the BNP Paribas Discovery Days and Morgan Stanley Mixed Open Days benefit applications for spring weeks?
demostrates interest at the least
Itsfurreal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have to be in your penultimate year of study so 4 year course you must be in second year.
banker12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do i have a chance at IB with A*AB a-levels?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.54%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.44%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.79%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (180)
40.27%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.7%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.26%