The Student Room Group

Kinetic Energy help

Can someone help me out with this please?
For some reason I have a completely different answer than given and don't have a clue why it happened...
New Doc 2019-04-22 02.21.18_1-compressed.jpg.jpegNew Doc 2019-04-22 02.21.18_2-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Reply 1
Original post by ddsizebra
For some reason I have a completely different answer than given and don't have a clue why it happened...
New Doc 2019-04-22 02.21.18_1-compressed.jpg.jpegNew Doc 2019-04-22 02.21.18_2-compressed.jpg.jpeg

You've not squared the velocities?
Reply 2
Original post by mqb2766
You've not squared the velocities?

crap i forgot, but I got 7.4GJ.....
crap i forgot, but I got 7.4GJ.....

I get 0.74GJ (2 sig.fig.)
Reply 4
so is the question wrong or I'm wrong?
so is the question wrong or I'm wrong?

Unless I made a slip, you're both wrong, but the question is wronger (to use a word that's not in the Oxford English).
(edited 5 years ago)
I can’t see how it can possibly be 3.3GJ. I got 0.74 GJ
Reply 7
Original post by ghostwalker
Unless I made a slip, you're both wrong, but the question is wronger (to use a word that's not in the Oxford English).

lol 😂
Work backwards maybe... use the 3.3GJ and work backwards if it still doesn't add up then ask your teacher... sorry I used to do physics but the one thing i really always struggled with was kinetic energy with acceleration involved... what kinda question is this anyway... a level.. as .. GCSE??
Reply 9
Original post by Camryn0903
Work backwards maybe... use the 3.3GJ and work backwards if it still doesn't add up then ask your teacher... sorry I used to do physics but the one thing i really always struggled with was kinetic energy with acceleration involved... what kinda question is this anyway... a level.. as .. GCSE??

uni 😅
That'll be why it went straight over my head... my teacher used to give questions like that to me to challenge me but I never got the kinetic energy ones... but tbh I was doing GCSE at the time so... hence the challenge lmao😂😂... but yeah try it backwards lmao
uni 😅

Quick Reply

Latest