Why does God constantly desire worship? Watch

Justbeingmyself
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
This is something that I don't totally understand. For me it makes God sound a bit like a narcissist and abusing his power for us to submit to his will like some pawns. I feel surely he would want a more equal relationship between us. I feel constant worship is a bit too much in my opinion and he wouldn't be that offended if we didn't.
JayJ2001
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
God doesn't ask for constant worship, he gives us the choice to do it, we have free will.
FMAAA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From an Islamic perspective God doesn't need us but we need him even though we (or Adam and Eve) disobeyed him when he let us in Heaven so he made life for us on earth as an exam to see who is qualified to enter Heaven not worshipping disqualifies you, so basically worshipping was to see who are the right men to go to Heaven (or Heavens) and who goes to Hell
Palmyra
Badges: 17
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JayJ2001)
God doesn't ask for constant worship, he gives us the choice to do it, we have free will.
Not exactly a free choice considering the consequences of us not providing that worship.
quirky editor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I feel this woukd be better placed in the debates and current affairs sectiom. I don't know how to tag a mod but I feel that it is almost "blasphemous" that a God would concern himself with such a petty thing such as worship. God would be above these tribalist tendencies or it it isn't a God worth respecting.
Ascend
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He doesn't ask for it but demands it. Also this:

(Original post by Palmyra)
Not exactly a free choice considering the consequences of us not providing that worship.
Ascend
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by FMAAA)
so basically worshipping was to see who are the right men to go to Heaven (or Heavens) and who goes to Hell
What on earth is the logic of that if he knew and directed his subjects' thoughts and actions before creating them (which he only did just to worship him)!?
Last edited by Ascend; 3 weeks ago
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
From the beginning God wants man has his children, heir of all things, that's pretty equal!

Worship is appreciation of that and all that he has done to enable that . . including teaching and forgiving our mistakes. He doesn't ask ignorant people to worship him, he calls it "vain worship".

He first shows his love towards people then asks them to follow.

As they appreciate more of what's on offer they want to sing and talk about it, that's worship.
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
This is something that I don't totally understand. For me it makes God sound a bit like a narcissist and abusing his power for us to submit to his will like some pawns. I feel surely he would want a more equal relationship between us. I feel constant worship is a bit too much in my opinion and he wouldn't be that offended if we didn't.
FMAAA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Ascend)
What on earth is the logic of that if he knew and directed his subjects' thoughts and actions before creating them (which he only did just to worship him)!?
I'm not really an expert about these stuff so do not hold me to my words but I do not think God puts ideas in our heads, I think its like how you see in movies where we create Ai by giving them a mind that generates thoughts thus creating a being more superior than us even though we didn't mean to do so (not implying humans are more superior than god) so we are free to do whatever we want in this earth but god "published" a book/books to direct us into doing what's right just like how we have books to study from in school to teach us "what's right"

Worshipping God in some religions it's like saying thank you in others it's compulsory to prove your righteousness
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by FMAAA)
From an Islamic perspective God doesn't need us but we need him even though we (or Adam and Eve) disobeyed him when he let us in Heaven so he made life for us on earth as an exam to see who is qualified to enter Heaven not worshipping disqualifies you, so basically worshipping was to see who are the right men to go to Heaven (or Heavens) and who goes to Hell
Sounds pointless and judgmental and vindictive.
Sanjith Hegde123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah right.

It's the equivalent of me holding a gun up to someone else and asking them to give their money to me.
They have a choice anyway, to give or not to give (lol). But if they don't give, i end up shooting them. They still have a choice tho..

Exactly the same case with God. We have a choice, but if we don't we end up suffering eternal punishment.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you guys ask the same question everyday
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (39)
5.71%
Fairly positive (227)
33.24%
Just another year... (271)
39.68%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.38%

Watched Threads