How do I get to do my dream job? Watch

cari_jones1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I REALLY want to be a marine biologist/oceanographer but I have no idea how to get there. Is there any college/university courses I have to do? Do I have to get a degree in something? And where actually hires marine biologists? I live in England and I can't seem to find anywhere.
claireestelle
  • Volunteer Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cari_jones1)
I REALLY want to be a marine biologist/oceanographer but I have no idea how to get there. Is there any college/university courses I have to do? Do I have to get a degree in something? And where actually hires marine biologists? I live in England and I can't seem to find anywhere.
you could do a marine biology degree, some of them have on site or nearby experience.
Snake0917
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would strongly recommend that you check on the university website or the Prospect website (government website) to see which courses are the most suitable for you. Also, watch youtube about the marine biologists career, I am sure there are plenty of videos about that.
Steph4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You should start off with a degree in marine biology which loads of universities do, then try to get an internship or volunteer so you can then get a job. Also if you want to be a marine biologist and you already haven't you should start looking at being PADI scuba certified because most people who follow that career are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads