The Student Room Group

AstronomyAustin's Grow Your Grades

Okay so where do I begin?

I am a 21 year old man from London self-studying A Level Maths, Further Maths with Further Mechanics and Physics hoping to get onto an MPhys course and may even go on to get a PhD depending on how things go and will most likely do them at 2 different instituations just to explore the UK a bit more or if I can, do the PhD in another country.

Entry Year: 2020

GCSE Grades: (2014)
Maths C
English Language D Future 2nd Attempt Resulted in a C grade.
English Literature - E
Science Core - E
Science Additional - F
French - F
IT - D
Business Studies - E
Geography F

BTEC in IT Grades: Level 3 MMM, Level 2 Merit, Level 1 Pass

My Own Predictions: AAA-BBB
Aiming For: A*A*A*

Universities:
Oxford or Cambridge
St Andrews or Durham
Bath
Lancaster
Nottingham

I’m aiming for high grades because doing that is what pushed my grades up during my level 3 BTEC and this time I am fully prepared for studying A Levels I have downloaded all the past papers there is for all 3 subjects including old syllabus past papers and new spec papers.
My method for studying is to get confident with doing textbook questions and then start taking on the exam based questions and this psychologically is what is motivating me and boosting my confidence both subjects though for the more comprehensive content in physics like in module 5 with the astrophysics and cosmology content I will have to find another method for learning the content which will probably include spaced repetition.
Good luck mate! Hope you do well.
Thank you :smile:
hi, i've moved this into the gyg forum:smile:
best of luck with this year!!
Thank you :smile: I tried to put it in the GYG forum but it wouldn't let me lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending