The Student Room Group

A LEVEL

what time do lectures start when at College. Need to work out which train to get on in order to be there on time. Also what does a typical timetable look like when studying 3 A levels, an AS level and doing EPQs.
Probably depends on your school, I’d say contact the college you’re going to as they’ll be able to help you the most since they can answer specifically for that college.
if you going to a sixth form (as in it's part of a high school), you are most likely going to have full time, as in from 8:30 - 3:00. you will usually have only one lesson per subject per day, but sometimes, especially with classes that don't have a lot of students, you will be on a reduced time table, i.e only 3 lessons per week as opposed to 5. sometimes you may have doubles. since you are doing 4 subjects, you'll most likely have only 1 free per day.

as for colleges, some colleges do a morning and afternoon timetables. so your lessons might actually start at 12:30 or so, but end at 4:30. or start at 8:30 and end at 12:30. you'll probs have a lot free time,
Reply 3
lol how are we supposed to know, ask the school
Bank Holiday weekend so don’t expect anyone to be working at College to answer. Had question come into my head (i’m Mum). Have to work out my work schedule and commitments around getting Son to train station. The Student Room is for all people with all questions at all times for reasons they understand better than some. LOL
Original post by idk01
lol how are we supposed to know, ask the school
Thank you for your time and trouble in giving your very helpful reply. Much appreciated👍.
Original post by inoubliable
if you going to a sixth form (as in it's part of a high school), you are most likely going to have full time, as in from 8:30 - 3:00. you will usually have only one lesson per subject per day, but sometimes, especially with classes that don't have a lot of students, you will be on a reduced time table, i.e only 3 lessons per week as opposed to 5. sometimes you may have doubles. since you are doing 4 subjects, you'll most likely have only 1 free per day.

as for colleges, some colleges do a morning and afternoon timetables. so your lessons might actually start at 12:30 or so, but end at 4:30. or start at 8:30 and end at 12:30. you'll probs have a lot free time,
Reply 6
Yes but you do realise that different schools and colleges start/end at different times? Ergo, how are we supposed to know? Don't they have a school website?

edit: the guy you just responded to said sixth forms are usually open 8.30-3.00 Mine is open 8.50-3.25 so there's no way of telling unless you find out from them or a fellow student.
Original post by Mrs Angela Snow
Bank Holiday weekend so don’t expect anyone to be working at College to answer. Had question come into my head (i’m Mum). Have to work out my work schedule and commitments around getting Son to train station. The Student Room is for all people with all questions at all times for reasons they understand better than some. LOL
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mrs Angela Snow
Thank you for your time and trouble in giving your very helpful reply. Much appreciated👍.

If you have a look around on their website, it may have the time it starts

Quick Reply

Latest