The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 7182/12 20 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

This poll is closed

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive 22%
The paper was reasonable 45%
Not feeling great about that exam... 20%
It was TERRIBLE13%
Total votes: 1486
Any predictions on what can come up this year??

Scroll to see replies

For Social Influence:
Types of conformity
Zimbardo
Explanations for obedience
Explanations of resistance to social influence
The role of social influence processes in social change

I'm still figuring out the others. What Paper 3 topics do you do? And how is your psych revision going
Reply 2
Thanks🙏🏼For paper 3 I do schizophrenia,gender and addiction
Same except I do eating behaviour instead of schizophrenia

Have you completed your psychology revision or still going through it?
Original post by Lilija_D
Thanks🙏🏼For paper 3 I do schizophrenia,gender and addiction
hope our paper isnt too hard :frown:
Reply 5
Nope,right now I’m focused on my other subject,Politics,but in a week I’m going to start revising for paper 1 psychology.I remember most of the topics we’ve done,but I just need to go over everything + learn researcher names and AO3
Ik how is your revision going?
Original post by seconda1
hope our paper isnt too hard :frown:
Nope,right now I’m focused on my other subject,Politics,but in a week I’m going to start revising for paper 1 psychology.I remember most of the topics we’ve done,but I just need to go over everything + learn researcher names and AO3

and RM the worst :'(
In a similar situation but I've started psychology revision a few days ago. How long are you spending on each topic? Like 3/4 days

(Original post by Lilija_D)
Reply 9
Hey guys where are you in revision for psych?\

Can somone plase link me A03 for Explnations for obedience - Agentic state and Legitimacy of Authority mine are not effective.
Does anyone have the tutor2u exam buster guide for Memory?x
Reply 11
I spend about 4 days per topic
Schiz
Cog dev
Aggression

Revision is going okay mainly trying to commit everything to memory and then doing practice qs

Original post by rokaya.00
For Social Influence:
Types of conformity
Zimbardo
Explanations for obedience
Explanations of resistance to social influence
The role of social influence processes in social change

I'm still figuring out the others. What Paper 3 topics do you do? And how is your psych revision going
That’s good. I’m doing 4, 6, 8 and 16 markers as I’m going along and how are you remembering everything, especially AO3?
Original post by Mango08
Schiz
Cog dev
Aggression

Revision is going okay mainly trying to commit everything to memory and then doing practice qs
Repeating it to myself & rewriting it's pretty tough though!!!
I have still got a long way to go hoping to finish paper 1 content tomorrow and then after that focusing on Paper 2/3 ...
wbu?:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Mango08
Repeating it to myself & rewriting it's pretty tough though!!!
I have still got a long way to go hoping to finish paper 1 content tomorrow and then after that focusing on Paper 2/3 ...
wbu?:smile:

How do you maximise your productivity and don’t get distracted when you’re revising?Because I really struggle with that
Oh trust me I get very distracted by going on yt watching study/me, I'm NOT one of those students that are always productive - no way
Sometimes I only do about 3 hrs revision but this week I'm hoping to do hardcore revision!!
I put away my phone and set a timer- 40 mins max on a section of a topic...
Do you do aqa psychology?
Reply 17
Original post by Mango08
Oh trust me I get very distracted by going on yt watching study/me, I'm NOT one of those students that are always productive - no way
Sometimes I only do about 3 hrs revision but this week I'm hoping to do hardcore revision!!
I put away my phone and set a timer- 40 mins max on a section of a topic...
Do you do aqa psychology?

Good to know that I’m not the only one😂😐Yep,I’m doing aqa psychology,but right now I’m not revising for it,I’m doing stuff for my other subject -politics
I find it the hardest subject 😟
But thank you for the timer advice,gonna try it out tomorrow
(edited 5 years ago)
Good luck you sound like a hard worker and I'm sure you will be fine.
Law is one of my weakest areas so I need to spend time on that.

Good to know that I’m not the only one😂😐Yep,I’m doing aqa psychology,but right now I’m not revising for it,I’m doing stuff for my other subject -politics
I find it the hardest subject 😟
But thank you for the timer advice,gonna try it out tomorrow
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry did not word that correctly- for psychology what are the topics you know really well from memory
Original post by Mango08
Good luck you sound like a hard worker and I'm sure you will be fine.
Law is one of my weakest areas so I need to spend time on that.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending