The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 7182/12 20 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lilija_D
Nope,right now I’m focused on my other subject,Politics,but in a week I’m going to start revising for paper 1 psychology.I remember most of the topics we’ve done,but I just need to go over everything + learn researcher names and AO3

I’m dreading politics! What exam board are you on?
Reply 81
Original post by Missdimples
I’m dreading politics! What exam board are you on?

Edexcel,the new spec
Original post by AlishaFelicia
I've done all paper 1, 2 and 3 apart from forensic psychology. Wbu? yh same, I'm trying to do a lot of RMs nowadays. Have u started past papers already? I'm not doing the past papers as I did them when revising for my mocks.

where are you finding the past papers because we've got a new spec?
how is everyone revising psychology? everytime i revise i feel like i've hit a brick wall and dont know what to do next. ive basically got flashcards and notes from last year (retaking this year) but i want to apply my knowledge but theres such a limit with exam papers and that

any advice would be much appreciated
Original post by Mango08
Hey guys where are you in revision for psych?\

Can somone plase link me A03 for Explnations for obedience - Agentic state and Legitimacy of Authority mine are not effective.

One: A limitation is it doesn't explain conformity in whole societies- not everyone will be a direct agent e.g Nazi Germany
Two: Application to real life, can be used to explain why genocides and the behaviour of war criminals occur eg Rwanda
Three: Supporting evidence: Milgram's variations show that uniforms received more obedience than members of the public, which showcases that perceived authority may change how autonomously individuals act
Four: A limitation of these explanations may have ethical implications as it provides an excuse/justification to doing harm or committing crimes against humanity.
Original post by Lilija_D
How do you maximise your productivity and don’t get distracted when you’re revising?Because I really struggle with that

Put your phone away and work in silence without headphones.
Does anyone feel super preloaded for paper 1,2&3?
Does anyone feel super PREAPRED for paper 1 , 2 & 3?!
Not preloaded - typing error
I swear down these 16 markers are gonna f*** me up. I'm so p**** off. 3 16 markers are likely to come up. I'm likely to run out of time. Wallahi I'm so stressed 😭
Anyone else finding it hard to remember ao3's ? I'm fine with ao1 I think. Anyone have any tips to learning ao3s?
literally! but if you do some ao3s to a good enough standard you will still get top marks.. just as long as you get onto the evaluations you will be fine haha.
I swear down these 16 markers are gonna f*** me up. I'm so p**** off. 3 16 markers are likely to come up. I'm likely to run out of time. Wallahi I'm so stressed 😭
No way.. still so much to go over. maybe prepared for the ao1s for paper 1 and 3 but I haven't gone over paper 2 at all.. how about you?
Original post by Saffskiii
Original post by Saffskiii

Prepared ???? Broooo I think I’m ready for paper 1 sly sly just a little more revision. But paper 2 looooooool , Idek just a little more revision I think I’m good but paper 3 i still haven’t started revising ima start next week for all my paper 3 topics. You ?
if the examiners give us a 16 marker on social change, the examiners are dun out ere. GUYS FOR A SOCIAL CHANGE QUESTION DO WE TALK ABOUT MINORITY INFLUENCE THEN YOU TALK ABOUT HOW CIVIL RIGHTS WAS AN EXAMPLE THEN DESCRIBE THE LONG A** EXAMPLE THEN TALK ABOUT HOW PEOPLE SHOWED CONSISTENCY AND BRING IN ALL THE KEY TERMS THEN APPLY IT TO THE FCKN EXAMPLE OR CAN WE SIMPLY DEFINE THE KEY TERMS AND GIVE AN EXAMPLE "E.G. AN EXAMPLE OF THIS IS THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMWNTS" I ONLY WROTE LIKE 2 EV POINTS AND RAN OUT OF TIME UGHHHHH IF THEY GIVE THAT QUESTIOB I WANNA BRWAK THEIR FACE 😡😡🤬

i asked you a question earlier-is there a reason you ignored me?
Original post by sfaraj
where are you finding the past papers because we've got a new spec?

Sorry, I found them online whilst looking for Research Methods questions. It has questions for all topics, I'm on my phone now and I was trying to find the link for it but coudnt. I only saved RMs questions

https://astudenthelps.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/60-q-and-ms-research-methods.pdf
If you have the revision guide they always start of with a limitation or a strength of ... if you try to learn the first lines it should jog your memory and also using issues & debates can be good especially with studies. So if your stuck in the exam with A03 issues and debates would be good.
Original post by jeyada101012
Anyone else finding it hard to remember ao3's ? I'm fine with ao1 I think. Anyone have any tips to learning ao3s?
Sorry, I found them online whilst looking for Research Methods questions. It has questions for all topics, I'm on my phone now and I was trying to find the link for it but coudnt. I only saved RMs questions

https://astudenthelps.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/60-q-and-ms-research-methods.pdf

thank you!
what paper is everyone dreading?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending