Muslim guy dating Christian girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Currently in a relationship with a christian girl. I'm sure both of our parents would disprove of our relationship - considering my parents would be against it even if she was muslim simply because she isn't asian too. Anyone else been in this situation? If so how has it worked out?

*Note:- Both of us aren't very religious...
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
bit difficult, and too much of a bother to both of you, so might not be worth it, js
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
im in the same situation except im a muslim girl dating a christian guy. neither of us are THAT religious but if you like the person you`ll figure out a way. our parents don`t know yet so maybe that`s why it`s so easy
username4353922
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Move away to another city where ur parents cant come after u.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Very rarely works out.

Both sets of parents not approving... At least one of you is likely to be chastised. Is it worth it? Depends how much you're willing to put your family relations on the line for the girl, same goes for her.

If it's a secret relationship, how much longer can you go on for? What would happen if your parents found out and pressured you to dump her?
Last edited by UWS; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #4
Report 3 weeks ago
im an indian girl and I like a muslim boy idk if my parents would let us be together tbh and we don't mind as were both accepting of each others beliefs so in a similar situation to u x
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Plenty of my parents friends are married couples in Islamic-Christianity interfaith marriages.
Most of them have been married for over 40 years and their families had no objection.
It is so tragic that much of society is becoming more sectarian and xenophobic than they were decades ago.

My parents wouldn't mind if I dated a guy who was a follower of Islam.
Although my father is a loud militant atheist, there's a good chance he'd try to convince my date that religion is an evil cult and God doesn't exist.
But then he does the same to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (39)
5.72%
Fairly positive (227)
33.28%
Just another year... (270)
39.59%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.41%

Watched Threads