The Student Room Group

I'm ill whilst studying for GCSEs....any advice?

Hi, I'm currently on my last day of the Easter break and tomorrow will go back to school and continue prepping for my GCSEs. In the past month or so I have been in & out of hospital with seizures and am currently in the process of being diagnosed with epilepsy. I'm feeling really drowsy and am finding it hard to concentrate and study especially for long hours. I'm studying whenever I have the chance but am not retaining as much information as normal. Ironically I aspire to do medicine in the future so, these exams are important to me and I have always annoyed many of by friends by being one of those people that never stresses but now I am starting to get worried about the little amount of revision I have done (since most of my revision is usually done last minute) especially as GCSEs are quite soon. I find it helpful to talk to friends and family about it but no one really understands as no one I know has ever experienced this. I was just wondering if anyone else is going through, or has been through anything similar. I would also appreciate any advice or comments you have. Thanks :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
i haven't been through similar experiences as you, but you seem to putting a lot of work in! have you been taking regular breaks in between revision sessions too? breaks are so so important, as you don't want to burn yourself out.
you're doing the best you can, try not to overwork yourself especially if you're not very well.

Quick Reply

Latest