I've done no revsion for GCSE's Watch

rrrude
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And I'm only just starting to regret it.
Help
username4599420
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well...
Yes, you may live to regret it... 😥
But, you can still get good grades.
Revise as much as you can, prioritise your weaker subjects and do not panick too much.
Do you mind sharing your subjects and a recent mock grade so thay I could give some advice for quick revision?
Good luck!😀
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EvyBobs)
And I'm only just starting to regret it.
Help
If you havent started yet, then, quite frankly, you deserve whatever you get
chloe0804
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Past papers are the key. You can easily cram GCSE, don’t worry you have plenty of time. Just revise smart- don’t copy out notes you will just forget it. Instead practice past paper questions and highlight the mistakes. Then go back over these areas and try some more questions. If you keep making the same mistakes put the questions on flash cards so you can keep recapping them until you have got it 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Amnz_02
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
3 weeks left of GCSES you still have time start ur Revision from NOW
aryanmalik567
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't stress, you can definitely do well in sciences through last minute revision, just follow the specification and only learn what you need to. For Maths you should be doing a paper literally every day if you haven't started revision, and when you can't answer a question revise that technique immediately, don't leave anything to chance. English language you don't need to revise for and English lit just make notes on key themes, key characters, and key quotes to support them. Use BBC bitesize and mrbruff videos on youtube, even spark notes is decent, you don't really need to have read any of the books in depth as long as you know the plot and which events occur and when. For languages, you might just have to wing it and other essay subjects learn your dates/quotes/facts, you can have these in long term memory or short term, probably better just to cram the night before and forget afterwards. GCSE's are definitely doable through last minute revision but there is a certain level of self discipline that is needed so its up to you now. Good luck!
bbyunderliined
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in year 10 BUT I saw a post the other day about a person who was in the same situation as you and left it until a few weeks to revise.
They did loads of practise papers - I suppose you still have a chance but you're gonna need to literally revise day and night.
good luck
(Original post by aryanmalik567)
Don't stress, you can definitely do well in sciences through last minute revision, just follow the specification and only learn what you need to. For Maths you should be doing a paper literally every day if you haven't started revision, and when you can't answer a question revise that technique immediately, don't leave anything to chance. English language you don't need to revise for and English lit just make notes on key themes, key characters, and key quotes to support them. Use BBC bitesize and mrbruff videos on youtube, even spark notes is decent, you don't really need to have read any of the books in depth as long as you know the plot and which events occur and when. For languages, you might just have to wing it and other essay subjects learn your dates/quotes/facts, you can have these in long term memory or short term, probably better just to cram the night before and forget afterwards. GCSE's are definitely doable through last minute revision but there is a certain level of self discipline that is needed so its up to you now. Good luck!
anon34443
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Me too im in the same position but dont give up I myself have started revision 2 days ago and all I cam say is to use Primrose Kitten's Youtube videos for science as she summarises all the edexcel and aqa papers and if you feel too lazy to revise just watch her videos and count that as revision . For english write essays for english lit and look at past papers and try and rule out characters /themes that came up in 2017/2018. For maths use maths genie they have all the topics for any examboard and they are seperated by grade so that you can see what gade you are working at. It also contains hand written solutions for every practice paper so that you an look back and improve what u did wrong . I wish you the bestand if you wanna bw study partners pm me
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by anon34443; 1 month ago
rrrude
Rep:
?
(Original post by aryanmalik567)
Thank you so much for being so helpful. I am totally not saying under any measures that I haven't done ANY whatsoever but im only just beginning to wake up! I'm just stressing as I got mostly 6's and some 5's im my mocks so im just trying to do as much practice now and hope for the best. Im trying to keep a positive attitude but im pretty stressed ( Obviously with what I have on my hands ).Thank you so so much again x
rrrude
Rep:
?
Thank you <3
(Original post by bbyunderliined)
I'm in year 10 BUT I saw a post the other day about a person who was in the same situation as you and left it until a few weeks to revise.
They did loads of practise papers - I suppose you still have a chance but you're gonna need to literally revise day and night.
good luck
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ARealNowhereMan)
If you havent started yet, then, quite frankly, you deserve whatever you get
Gee, how heartwarming.
ARealNowhereMan
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by batter mix)
Gee, how heartwarming.
I’m not one for sentiment. I’m very rarely emotional or sympathetic at all. It comes across as rudeness but that isn’t my intent
rrrude
Rep:
?
Omg I can't belive I've found someone who's in the same situation as me!! I've literally used maths genie this morning and its great! Everyone just keeps saying that past papers are the way to go, so i'm just gonna crack on now. I'll definitely pm you soon! good luck to the both of usss
(Original post by anon34443)
Me too im in the same position but dont give up I myself have started revision 2 days ago and all I cam say is to use Primrose Kitten's Youtube videos for science as she summarises all the edexcel and aqa papers and if you feel too lazy to revise just watch her videos and count that as revision . For english write essays for english lit and look at past papers and try and rule out characters /themes that came up in 2017/2018. For maths use maths genie they have all the topics for any examboard and they are seperated by grade so that you can see what gade you are working at. It also contains hand written solutions for every practice paper so that you an look back and improve what u did wrong . I wish you the bestand if you wanna bw study partners pm me
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not one for sentiment. I’m very rarely emotional or sympathetic at all. It comes across as rudeness but that isn’t my intent
Dw, I am in the same boat as you :wink:

It all feels like too much of a hassle tbh but I have been trying to find that side of me (to no avail) :sigh:
rrrude
Rep:
?
Well It's not that I don't care about my future, procrastination is taking the better of me. And I can't take control of it...
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
something is better than nothing, get off TSR
rrrude
Rep:
?
(Original post by blueindigoviolet)
something is better than nothing, get off tsr
lol i know right
Zoeyyyyyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good luck
juicewrld
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i havent done any either
rockyball89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Omg, original poster thank you very much for doing that. Now you can pull down the grade boundaries and I could get my grades easier (8s & 9s) Thank you You're the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (404)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (483)
22.22%
It was TERRIBLE (252)
11.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed