Bane01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi guys, I am resitting my English language GCSE this year and I have been revising sine the month before. However, I am stuck on Paper 2 Question 3 and 4. My exam board is AQA. Also, I am doing functional skills.

Can anyone help me on Paper 2 question 3 & 4
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
what are you struggling with exactly in these questions?
Bane01
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi sorry for the late reply, im stuck on how to structure
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
what are you struggling with exactly in these questions?
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Bane01)
Hi sorry for the late reply, im stuck on how to structure
it's no worries
okay so p2 q3 asks you to refer to language of 1 text- you can use PETAL paras here- Point, Evidence, Technique, Analysis, Link.
lets say several adverbs are used to emphasise a narrator's opinion- you'd start off the para with something like- The writer uses the adverbs "-" and "-" to show her unhappiness with the current political changes. These are repeated several times throughout the text, but spread out enough to ensure that her point is made, and emphasise it, without being too hard-hitting...
it's asking how the writer uses language so make sure you're referring to terminology and methods where possible.

question 4 is a comparison of both texts- you need to make sure you're digging into every aspect of it possible eg. if the writer's repeated certain words to create a more gloomy tone whereas the other writer makes bold predictions about the future then that's a difference. look at sentence structure, focus, tone etc. i'd identify what attitude or perspective each of the texts convey at first, and then refer to methods and analyse why they made these choices; make sure you use evidence.

i hope this is somewhat helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.69%
No (315)
70.31%

Watched Threads