Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, so I submitted an essay worth 60% of my grade, and have just checked turnitin, and it says I have 36% plagiarism. I checked the essay to see what they had flagged and everything is a quote or paraphrasing that has been properly cited. Will i lose marks for this? surely if it has been cited that is okay??? trying not to stress about it
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, so I submitted an essay worth 60% of my grade, and have just checked turnitin, and it says I have 36% plagiarism. I checked the essay to see what they had flagged and everything is a quote or paraphrasing that has been properly cited. Will i lose marks for this? surely if it has been cited that is okay??? trying not to stress about it
Turnitin does not quote your plagiarism %, it quotes your similarity %. This automatically identifies all aspects of your assignment that match other works, but that does not mean that it's plagiarised, simply that it recognises that a section is from another source. Turnitin will even flag up your course code if you and others have used it as a document header. It will then be checked by the marker as well to ensure that the similarity is all referenced and accounted for.

It's nothing to panic about if you know that you cited everything correctly.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
okay thank you!! i feel a lot better now, I was really stressed ahaha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (89)
26.65%
England (110)
32.93%
Belgium (27)
8.08%
Germany (39)
11.68%
Spain (7)
2.1%