Help Watch

Gifty_18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The only real friend that I have ditched me to be friends with another person. She ditched me because she said I’m always sad all the time and I don’t include myself in conversations or even laugh at jokes. I’m a quiet/introverted person and I said to her I just can’t help it. Now I have no one to talk to and I guess I’m friendless

I’m also broken
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by Gifty_18; 3 weeks ago
JayTee80808
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I had that period in my life but it happened when I was in primary school, and because of that I grew up introverted and be scared of people. I think the best thing to do is talk to people when you get the chance, whoever it is, make those connections because friendship is important, people are important and if you find that they don't think you're important then you need to find someone better who's worth your time.

(also when I'm feeling alone I watch 'hiding in my room' on YouTube, idk why it just helps me feel less alone)
Last edited by JayTee80808; 3 weeks ago
Gifty_18
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JayTee80808)
I had that period in my life but it happened when I was in primary school, and because of that I grew up introverted and be scared of people. I think the best thing to do is talk to people when you get the chance, whoever it is, make those connections because friendship is important, people are important and if you find that they don't think you're important then you need to find someone better who's worth your time.

(also when I'm feeling alone I watch 'hiding in my room' on YouTube, idk why it just helps me feel less alone)
I find it hard to talk to people but thanks for the advice
Corps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Even as an introvert I found myself comfortable talking to certain people. Do you get along with anyone that you sit next to in lessons? You might not become the best of friends but that contact can be so invaluable and you never know how much you have in common with someone until you really talk to them. I’m not saying swing the doors open with a dramatic entrance or anything but maybe leave the door slightly ajar, open to possibilities.
ForestShadow
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
that 'friend' wasnt your real 'friend' if they wanted you to be someone you're not - you will find people similar to you at some point, it may take a bit longer but if you just make small efforts like remember peoples names and talk about common topics/news a bit Im sure you will have more friends soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.88%
Fairly positive (263)
32.19%
Just another year... (320)
39.17%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.77%

Watched Threads