The Student Room Group

Important question!

you know for the six markers in aqa gcse science...

are you allowed to answer in simple bullet points instead of a structured paragraph, this way, the examiner can easily award marks to me if he sees that some of my bullet points are clearly stated on the markscheme

if anyone has found this successful, please inform me.

thank you
Reply 1
My science teachers have said yes - you can bullet point the answers instead of writing it with good grammar, unlike the old spec, where you needed good grammar in the 6 markers. In fact, my teachers say it's probably better to bullet point it because your answer is easier to mark than if it were a wall of writing.
Reply 2
thanks!

Original post by Anthos
My science teachers have said yes - you can bullet point the answers instead of writing it with good grammar, unlike the old spec, where you needed good grammar in the 6 markers. In fact, my teachers say it's probably better to bullet point it because your answer is easier to mark than if it were a wall of writing.
Reply 3
My Chem teacher went through the mark scheme with us and when markers mark those questions, they first skim through it to look at the overall level of grammar and English and decide which band you fall in and only then look at the specific things you’ve wrote to decide if you deserve, for example: 5 or 6 marks. I think it’s safer to write it in one coherent paragraph and try to just write a sentence per point
This is incorrect. There are a few six markers where it says quality of written work assessed (or something like that). My old science teacher
My science teachers have said yes - you can bullet point the answers instead of writing it with good grammar, unlike the old spec, where messaged the science person at AQA and they said for those questions you can't get full marks if you don't write in full coherent sentences.

(Original post by Anthos)you needed good grammar in the 6 markers. In fact, my teachers say it's probably better to bullet point it because your answer is easier to mark than if it were a wall of writing.

Original post by yeetttttttt
you know for the six markers in aqa gcse science...

are you allowed to answer in simple bullet points instead of a structured paragraph, this way, the examiner can easily award marks to me if he sees that some of my bullet points are clearly stated on the markscheme

if anyone has found this successful, please inform me.

thank you
Reply 5
Yes writing in bullet points is really helpful and effective. If the six marker is a comparison question you can do a table to really make it clear to the examiner.

Good luck with your exams!

Quick Reply

Latest