Report 7 months ago
yeah
starstudent7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Sissou75)
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/tWcEdpN.jpg)
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/ssyLxdi.jpg)

Please tell me what you think because I find myself ugly and I don't know what other people think
You are no way near ugly. You are naturally pretty, even though you shouldn’t let looks define who you are. If social media is making you feel like that, I would recommend taking some time off it to feel better. If I walked past you on the streets, I would think that you are pretty. So keep smiling and be positive
Sissou75
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Ok thanks ! 😊
oiuytresa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
stop fishing.
preach ha ha gud 1
Sissou75
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Rgg
Student20051997
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Please tell me what you think because I find myself ugly and I don't know what other people think
Not at all
Student20051997
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dissertation survey on attitudes towards cosmetic surgery and appearance if interested in taking part: https://www.esurveycreator.co.uk/s/7a71496
All you need to be is 18 or above. All answers will be confidential.
Many thanks
Sissou75
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ok thanks and which celebrity do you think I look like ?
A_J_B
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok thanks and which celebrity do you think I look like ?
Yourself
Appirition
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're naturally attractive.
The media's perception of beauty has a lot to answer for and is way off what most people think is attractive and beautiful.
Also, remember true beauty comes from within and has nothing to do with physical features. If you're a lovely person then you're not ugly.
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you! But it's very hard for me to be self confident and when I was younger other teenagers called me ugly, that's why I doubt
I don't know how old you were then and how old you are now, but that could well be "ugly duckling syndrome". That would explain why your self-confidence about your appearance is lagging way behind your appearance itself (shallow though it is to focus on that, but hey, you asked the question).

Then again maybe they were just having a laugh and didn't really believe their own propaganda which they put out to try to make themselves feel better.

Regardless, the question I'd be interested to know the answer to (and maybe you can help here) is: Are there in fact lots of girls as attractive looking as yourself, all going around fretting that they're ugly, and therefore suffering low self-confidence?

Some posters here suggest blaming social media for whatever it is that's leaving you down about yourself. Well, part of growing up is learning to form your own opinions and to say boo to the crowd when called upon to stand firm.
Last edited by Justvisited; 3 weeks ago
Sissou75
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
I don't know how old you were then and how old you are now, but that could well be "ugly duckling syndrome". That would explain why your self-confidence about your appearance is lagging way behind your appearance itself (shallow though it is to focus on that, but hey, you asked the question).

Then again maybe they were just having a laugh and didn't really believe their own propaganda which they put out to try to make themselves feel better.

Regardless, the question I'd be interested to know the answer to (and maybe you can help here) is: Are there in fact lots of girls as attractive looking as yourself, all going around fretting that they're ugly, and therefore suffering low self-confidence?

Some posters here suggest blaming social media for whatever it is that's leaving you down about yourself. Well, part of growing up is learning to form your own opinions and to say boo to the crowd when called upon to stand firm.
Yeah you're right but it's very hard to be self confident
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's only hard to be self confident when you worry or even think about what other people think.
Love yourself for both who you are as a person, and your physical appearance.
Once you've learned to truly love youeself your self confidence will surprise you and be obvious to other people as well.
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hard to believe no boy ever asks you out, but maybe they're the wrong type... by the way you're not 44 are you?!
saskahailey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

No, you're not ugly at all. Listen gurl God has made you so beautiful and unique and you should be proud of it. Sometimes I feel ugly because 2 people called me ugly 2 years ago but now people said I look pretty so if I was ugly then no one will call me pretty right, sometimes ppl put your confidence down and social media..ooof..where do I start..the people catfish with "FACE TUNE" and "PHOTOSHOP" making others feel insecure about themselves. I feel like natural beauty is beautiful. Sorry for my speech.#FREEDOMOFSPEECH
big-L
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you’re naturally beautiful, you just need confidence
Sissou75
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
Hard to believe no boy ever asks you out, but maybe they're the wrong type... by the way you're not 44 are you?!
Do you think I look 44 ?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (94)
12.86%
1 (91)
12.45%
2 (93)
12.72%
19.29%
22.71%
19.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise