Is it my Size? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm a 19 year old uni student who for the most part is confident in myself. However, being a size 16 I'm a bit on the larger side.

I feel like this impacts on the relationships that I could potentially have. It's as if there's this barrier that is stopping me from being in a relationship with someone. I'd like to think that this is just in my head but I'm not so sure as people can be mean in terms of stuff like that.

I tried to lose weight but my anxiety causes me to stress eat, hence the problem. My only relationship of 3 years ended badly (he cheated) which I think also impacts my confidence a lot.

Basically I just need a pick me up or maybe tips on how to be confident or lose some of this extra weight
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your size doesn't matter as long as you are healthy.

I only have age-old advice for you. Eat healthy and exercise.

Try to cut down on processed foods and include at least 30 mins of walking everyday. Join a sport of your choice. It would be a great way to work out and meet people with similar interests.

I am sure you are a beautiful person and having more confidence will only make you more beautiful. :goodluck:
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a 19 year old uni student who for the most part is confident in myself. However, being a size 16 I'm a bit on the larger side.

I feel like this impacts on the relationships that I could potentially have. It's as if there's this barrier that is stopping me from being in a relationship with someone. I'd like to think that this is just in my head but I'm not so sure as people can be mean in terms of stuff like that.

I tried to lose weight but my anxiety causes me to stress eat, hence the problem. My only relationship of 3 years ended badly (he cheated) which I think also impacts my confidence a lot.

Basically I just need a pick me up or maybe tips on how to be confident or lose some of this extra weight
The only way to become more confident is to deconstruct and analyse the assumptions and beliefs you have about yourself. For example, i wrongly think that if i am overweight that means i must be unattractive! Why? You have noticed that people can be mean but you, apparently ,haven't noticed that some guys have chosen to marry or have very long term relationships with women of all kinds of sizes,shapes and weights! So change the language inside of your head ( listen to the song 'beautiful' by Christina Aguilera -- she is changing her mind in repeatedly positive way!) Also , observe a confident person's general attitude and kerp copying and practising it. You will find that your fears reduce over time and you become used to being confident and the negative voices in your head about yourself are much weaker! Try it! You will see that i am right!
Last edited by mgi; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
16.31%
The paper was reasonable (192)
51.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
21.39%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.96%

Watched Threads