anyone been through ucas extra? Watch

Luke9380
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Im not happy with my uni choices and have been constantly contemplating declining my offers to apply through ucas early instead of through clearing so I don't have the worry of accommodation however I'm still not sure if it's smart to decline my offers in hope for others event hough I can just apply through clearing if I didn't get a offer. Has anyone went through ucas extra that can shed light on thia area and if it was worth it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AlishaFelicia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Luke9380)
Im not happy with my uni choices and have been constantly contemplating declining my offers to apply through ucas early instead of through clearing so I don't have the worry of accommodation however I'm still not sure if it's smart to decline my offers in hope for others event hough I can just apply through clearing if I didn't get a offer. Has anyone went through ucas extra that can shed light on thia area and if it was worth it
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. What have you applied for?
martaagc01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm also thinking about doing this but I'm scared I will not get a place and have to go through clearing....
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if universities have places in Extra it is because they havent been able to fill their places. Anyone meeting the required grades is very likely to be offered a place. It is worth ringing the university concerned and discussing the issue with them before giving up your places. They can advise you whether they would consider an application worthwhile.
Luke9380
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlishaFelicia)
I'm thinking about doing the same thing. What have you applied for?
London metropolitan,
Kingston
De montfort uni
Uwe bristol
While none of these unis(apart from metropolitan imo) are bad. I haven't got the correct course and don't offer study abroad opportunities. That ontop of not getting the feeling for all but uwe makes me think otherwise
What about you?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
if universities have places in Extra it is because they havent been able to fill their places. Anyone meeting the required grades is very likely to be offered a place. It is worth ringing the university concerned and discussing the issue with them before giving up your places. They can advise you whether they would consider an application worthwhile.
I'll give them a call thanks
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AlishaFelicia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
London metropolitan,
Kingston
De montfort uni
Uwe bristol
While none of these unis(apart from metropolitan imo) are bad. I haven't got the correct course and don't offer study abroad opportunities. That ontop of not getting the feeling for all but uwe makes me think otherwise
What about you?

I'll give them a call thanks
I meant course but oh well 😂 I'm not going to apply through UCAS extra because you can only apply for one uni ? correct me if I'm wrong. And you can get rejected, you never know. I emailed the unis that I want to go to and ask whether the course I wanted to change to was likely to be on clearing and I think you should do the same. Maybe go through clearing and adjustment because loads of people actually go through clearing and still get a place. In addition I think you have to pay like £6 extra for UCAS extra (that isn't a lot) but if you reject your offers then lol your money would be wasted. I would advise you to email the unis or phone them up to see if you can change your course and then wait till clearing/adjustment.

Hope this helps!
AlishaFelicia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Someone on one my threads said this:

"To go through Extra you must dump ALL your current offers/choices.

It is only available to those who either hold no offers ie. were rejected from all 5 choices, or those who have declined any offers they did receive. You cannot therefore hold onto one of your offers and reapply to another choice at the same time.

With Extra you apply to one Uni/course at a time until one of them says yes. You then hold that offer as your Firm. You do not have an Insurance choice if you apply through Extra.

This is why you need to think very carefully before you do this."
Luke9380
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlishaFelicia)
I meant course but oh well 😂 I'm not going to apply through UCAS extra because you can only apply for one uni ? correct me if I'm wrong. And you can get rejected, you never know. I emailed the unis that I want to go to and ask whether the course I wanted to change to was likely to be on clearing and I think you should do the same. Maybe go through clearing and adjustment because loads of people actually go through clearing and still get a place. In addition I think you have to pay like £6 extra for UCAS extra (that isn't a lot) but if you reject your offers then lol your money would be wasted. I would advise you to email the unis or phone them up to see if you can change your course and then wait till clearing/adjustment.

Hope this helps!
I know you can only apply to one at a time but you can apply to another if one gets declined so you can keep applying till an offer but, Good luck on your choices anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads