The Student Room Group

My boyfriend wants me to get the patch

I’ve told him that I don’t want to go on any contraception. I just want my body to be normal.( if you get what I mean ) He says nearly everyday will you go to the doctors and get the patch. I’ve told him loads of times that I don’t want it. He goes in a moody with me all the time about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like a bit of a ****
He probably doesn't want to wear a condom the whole time
Like he has to respect your choice but you can understand his frustration as there are other ways of preventing babies which would mean he could enjoy sex more
Reply 3
Tell him to get a vasectomy and see how he feels.
It sounds like he doesn’t really respect you or your bodily autonomy; would he consider alternative forms of contraception?
Original post by Okay12055
I’ve told him that I don’t want to go on any contraception. I just want my body to be normal.( if you get what I mean ) He says nearly everyday will you go to the doctors and get the patch. I’ve told him loads of times that I don’t want it. He goes in a moody with me all the time about it.

he is just trying to protect you because he cares. if your not on any contraception there is a high chance you will get pregnant unless that's what you want?
Why should the op mess up her body and hormone receptors just because he doesn’t want to wear a condom and puts his pleasure above her health?
Original post by AzureCeleste
Like he has to respect your choice but you can understand his frustration as there are other ways of preventing babies which would mean he could enjoy sex more
Reply 7
Yeah I understand where he is coming from. But I just don’t want it at all. We will get there
Reply 8
Like what could he do?
Condoms, vasectomy for instance?
Like what could he do?
Reply 10
I don’t want to be pregnant
Original post by Anonymous
he is just trying to protect you because he cares. if your not on any contraception there is a high chance you will get pregnant unless that's what you want?
I don't think she should and never said she should.
I was explaining it from his perspectives so that he can see her frustrations. Additionally it's not messing up her health (or they wouldn't be legal) but I can see why she sees it that way. In relationships its give and take. I don't think she should go on the pill or similar for him but she should research or find other ways to please him as well (there is the female condom- maybe he'd prefer it if they used that)
Reply 12
I think that’s all he wants. He just doesn’t want to wear one. I already have problems with my periods and I don’t want anything else to happen.
Reply 13
I could ask him about the vasectomy
Reply 14
I didn’t think of the female condom. Thank you
I was explaining it from his perspectives so that he can see her frustrations. Additionally it's not messing up her health (or they wouldn't be legal) but I can see why she sees it that way. In relationships its give and take. I don't think she should go on the pill or similar for him but she should research or find other ways to please him as well (there is the female condom- maybe he'd prefer it if they used that)
Case in point really if he won’t even consider wearing a condom then he doesn’t care about you or your health; he only cares about his sexual pleasure. Talk to him and explain to him your viewpoint and health concerns and if he continues to insist on hormonal contraceptives then it might be time to consider getting a new partner
I think that’s all he wants. He just doesn’t want to wear one. I already have problems with my periods and I don’t want anything else to happen.
He can wear a real thin condom, that feels like your net wearing one. You shouldn't have to compromise and wear the protection you don't want to
Reply 17
I could ask him about the vasectomy

Vasectomies are permanent and the NHS are reluctant to allow them unless you already have kids. The options are condom, female condom or copper IUD if you don't want to use hormones.

Some people use the pill though to help with their period (idk what your problem is obviously but it may be something to consider)
There are plenty of drugs and substances that are legal that are perfectly capable of messing up your health so legality of a substance is not a good guide to harmfulness.

A number of studies on women containing very large samples have found an increased risk of cervical and breast cancers in those that use oral contraceptives with risk increasing proportional to length of use:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12686037/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8656904/

Quick Reply

Latest