The Student Room Group

The guy I’m seeing is still on tinder...?

Should I be a bit iffy? Or is it no biggie?
Original post by Anonymous

does he use the app? or simply have a profile?
How long have u been seeing him?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

How do you know?
You may want to establish some ground rules. If both of you want to be exclusive, then he should delete his Tinder and you should also get rid of yours, or stop looking.
Original post by Drewski
How do you know?

We were in bed and a notification popped up on his phone
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
You may want to establish some ground rules. If both of you want to be exclusive, then he should delete his Tinder and you should also get rid of yours, or stop looking.

Yeah I agree. I don’t have tinder, that isn’t how I met him
Original post by mnot
does he use the app? or simply have a profile?
How long have u been seeing him?

I’m not sure if he uses it, we were in bed and a notification popped up on his phone...about a month
Original post by cornishpasties
I’m not sure if he uses it, we were in bed and a notification popped up on his phone...about a month

then he still probably uses the app if he's getting notifications.

A month is quite a short amount of time so it could just be old habits but if you are 'exclusive' i'd probably ask if he's talking to other girls still
In my eyes 'seeing someone' = not exclusive.

Oh wow If you’re exclusive and the other person is not respectful enough to log off the App, delete the account and delete the app from their phone then I’d personally reconsider whether I want to be seeing the person?

You’re right to feel iffy because I’d feel the same... it’s kinda assumed if you’re
Seeing someone that you don’t need to look elsewhere.

How long have you been seeing them? Have you had the exclusivity chat yet, so are you both aware you’re only seeing eachother? - this changes things....

Sometimes Tinder notifies me if someone has swiped, encouraging me to swipe, or if someone has superliked me (again, prompting me to swipe to find them), or it’s telling me my ‘top picks’ are ready to swipe on, or to reply to a message. So it might not mean the notification is a match or a message (though 80% of the time it usually is a match or message)
(edited 5 years ago)

Doesn't bode well for him...

...but it could be innocent. If he's still got the app downloaded but isn't active on it, it can still be pushing notifications for all kinds of things unrelated to matches / messages.

But definitely fishy. Talk to him.
Original post by StriderHort
In my eyes 'seeing someone' = not exclusive.

Yeah, we’ll we have had the conversation that we are only interested in each other and we’re hoping to become exclusive in time
Original post by FuegoDilla
Oh wow If you’re exclusive and the other person is not respectful enough to log off the App, delete the account and delete the app from their phone then I’d personally reconsider whether I want to be seeing the person?

You’re right to feel iffy because I’d feel the same... it’s kinda assumed if you’re
Seeing someone that you don’t need to look elsewhere.

How long have you been seeing them? Have you had the exclusivity chat yet, so are you both aware you’re only seeing eachother? - this changes things....

Sometimes Tinder notifies me if someone has swiped, encouraging me to swipe, or if someone has superliked me (again, prompting me to swipe to find them), or it’s telling me my ‘top picks’ are ready to swipe on, or to reply to a message. So it might not mean the notification is a match or a message (though 80% of the time it usually is a match or message)

We’re been seeing each other for like a month and we’ve had the conversation that we’re only seeing each other and we want to eventually become exclusive. The notification was like hey good looking, your getting more likes than ever” I have never had tinder so I don’t get how it works... I did feel a bit crappy tho as I know it’s a dating app...
How long have you been seeing him for? If its stoll early days then I wouldn't worry too much.
We’re been seeing each other for like a month and we’ve had the conversation that we’re only seeing each other and we want to eventually become exclusive. The notification was like hey good looking, your getting more likes than ever” I have never had tinder so I don’t get how it works... I did feel a bit crappy tho as I know it’s a dating app...

Yeah, that'll have nothing to do with him then. That's just the app fishing for him to be more active on it, and/or to pay for the services. Much more innocent than it could be.

But still, if you're seeing him, be should be getting rid of it.
Reply 15
Yeah, we’ll we have had the conversation that we are only interested in each other and we’re hoping to become exclusive in time

No. Don't let him have it both ways! If he is in your bed then he should be exclusive otherwise you are ,in effect, giving him permission to stay on Tinder and get other girls while he continues to sleep with you.
If you're meant to be exclusive, it's wrong. I wouldn't feel comfortable if he was getting notifications from the app. Even if he leaves his account, the app should be deleted off his phone, as there's no need for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending