should I do English lit or further maths a level? Watch

Clexa Malec
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm not sure whether to do English lit or further maths a level. I'm not sure what I want to do in the future at all, I thought maybe diplomatic service or a language teacher but I really don't know.

my other options are Spanish, Italian and maths. I really enjoy maths, and don't want to rule off the idea of doing it at uni, but equally I really enjoy English, so I'm not sure.
I got an 8 in both during the mocks, but am aiming for 9s in the exam.

please help!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Clexa Malec)
I'm not sure whether to do English lit or further maths a level. I'm not sure what I want to do in the future at all, I thought maybe diplomatic service or a language teacher but I really don't know.

my other options are Spanish, Italian and maths. I really enjoy maths, and don't want to rule off the idea of doing it at uni, but equally I really enjoy English, so I'm not sure.
I got an 8 in both during the mocks, but am aiming for 9s in the exam.

please help!
What are your other A levels besides Maths? Do you mean as a 4th A level? If its a 3rd then English lit imo as some courses count M +FM as one subject. If its a 4th then it depends what you want to do. If you like maths so much then why not pursue it?
Clexa Malec
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
my other a levels are Spanish and Italian, so English would be the 4th a level. At my school M+FM is one and a half courses, but they count them as 2/4 A-levels.
I do enjoy maths, but I'm not sure if I want to do it at university.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
LOLA141
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I do English Literature and I regret it. But that's my own opinion, I chose it not because I enjoy it but because I got a 7 and it was a facilitating subject for uni. However, I think in terms of revision, it is difficult to understand if you're doing effective revision because all teachers tell you to do is read the books a lot. Whereas with maths although there are very difficult concepts and a lot of people find it hard, there is more structure to the revision because you can do loads of past paper questions as well as practice questions. You need to find out which exam board you would be doing if you chose English Lit, because sometimes it depends on the books and whether or not you would enjoy them. I hope this helps good luck with your GCSE's!
Smartin5
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Further Maths is bloody difficult. Trust me when I say, you have to have so much natural ability, and you have to put in so much effort to succeed. Considering that I put in probably triple the amount of work I do for my other two subjects and I'm probably not gonna get an A*. It is so difficult; most people do drop it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (180)
22.93%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.85%

Watched Threads