The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

I can't cancel my accommodation. NEED HELP!

Hi. I have booked a £174/week PRIVATE Silver accommodation for Nottingham Trent University at Bowman House. I would like to cancel it but my cooling off period has expired and I am required to find someone by myself to take my booked room or have to pay the rent whether I go to the university or not. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by saidbayan
Hi. I have booked a £174/week PRIVATE Gold accommodation for Nottingham Trent University at Bowman House. I would like to cancel it but my cooling off period has expired and I am required to find someone by myself to take my booked room or have to pay the rent whether I go to the university or not. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

You'll need to find someone to take the room. This is the problem with private halls of residence.

Have you contacted the student union for help?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Hi. I have booked a £174/week PRIVATE Gold accommodation for Nottingham Trent University at Bowman House. I would like to cancel it but my cooling off period has expired and I am required to find someone by myself to take my booked room or have to pay the rent whether I go to the university or not. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

They normally dont charge if its insurance and you make it to the firm. Alternatively find a replacement.
Is it actually uni owned or private accommodation? £174 sounds pretty expensive.
Reply 3
Yes I have and they've redirected me to a forum on their site where I can advertise the room. Currently having talks with someone so praying it goes well. It was my fault really for not reading the cancellation terms properly. I had assumed that since I applied for the accommodation through the University that they had the same cancellation terms as the University (i.e. being able to terminate if I transfer to another Uni)
Original post by PQ
You'll need to find someone to take the room. This is the problem with private halls of residence.

Have you contacted the student union for help?
Reply 4
It's private owned by We Are Homes For Students. Yes £174 is expensive lol and I've found people I know from Nottingham that I can share a house with at a fraction of that. Luckily I'm close to finding someone to take my room.
Original post by 999tigger
They normally dont charge if its insurance and you make it to the firm. Alternatively find a replacement.
Is it actually uni owned or private accommodation? £174 sounds pretty expensive.
It's private owned by We Are Homes For Students. Yes £174 is expensive lol and I've found people I know from Nottingham that I can share a house with at a fraction of that. Luckily I'm close to finding someone to take my room.

Learn the lesson then . It is a contract , so dont sign unless absolutely sure. Uni owned accommodation is a bit less strict, but if you sign up to rent for a year, then you have to find a replacement in almost all circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending