Have a gcse in a month and I don’t know anything Watch

MankyShoe
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
It’s iust one this year but I realised when trying to revise I never actually learnt othat content- I’m doing my best now but how bad is this gonna go— the course is so small there’s no revision guide, no textbook , just a really vague spec
MinaBee
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MankyShoe)
It’s iust one this year but I realised when trying to revise I never actually learnt othat content- I’m doing my best now but how bad is this gonna go— the course is so small there’s no revision guide, no textbook , just a really vague spec
Could you ask any friends in that class how they're revising?
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just go on successful cramming stories and motivate yourself.
i went from a 6 to a 9 (:cool: 69) in mocks, by revising from free science lessons, and mr bruff for english. make really concise flashcards,
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it will be less bad or even good if you start now (he said trying to do the same himself)

do you have any past papers at all you can access??
MankyShoe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
No past papers (only old spec which was pretty different) no textbook/ revision guide, and no one in the class is doing any work. I actually started a bit and I’m feeling a bit better- if I can continue this pace maybe I’ll be ok!
(Original post by ForestShadow)
it will be less bad or even good if you start now (he said trying to do the same himself)

do you have any past papers at all you can access??
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No past papers (only old spec which was pretty different) no textbook/ revision guide, and no one in the class is doing any work. I actually started a bit and I’m feeling a bit better- if I can continue this pace maybe I’ll be ok!
Oh I see good luck and keep at it MankyShoe (what a name haha) - have you asked your teacher what they recommend in learning the material and any other resources they may have at all? What about previous year students if they were on the same spec?
MankyShoe
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Teacher isn’t Great tbh and nah this is first year of this spec! Nightmare! But it’s gonna be ok!! The lack of resources is similar for everyone sitting it so!! Have six weeks to cram! I can do that!!
Good luck in yours!!!
(Original post by ForestShadow)
Oh I see good luck and keep at it MankyShoe (what a name haha) - have you asked your teacher what they recommend in learning the material and any other resources they may have at all? What about previous year students if they were on the same spec?
ForestShadow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Teacher isn’t Great tbh and nah this is first year of this spec! Nightmare! But it’s gonna be ok!! The lack of resources is similar for everyone sitting it so!! Have six weeks to cram! I can do that!!
Good luck in yours!!!
wow that does sound shoddy indeed, but yeah there should be grade requirement adjustments on the general performance rest assured, ie if the whole cohort underperforms Im sure they will lower the boundaries a bit accordingly, they did it quite a bit for my ones anyway back in my day :holmes:
sqrt of 5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lol mood
lukewoods123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
ur all screwed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.65%
The paper was reasonable (394)
45.76%
Not feeling great about that exam... (158)
18.35%
It was TERRIBLE (114)
13.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed