help for low motivation? (as a result of mental illness) Watch

mouldypeaches
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Recently I have been feeling very grim. I am currently studying for my A levels (the first of which is in less than a month!!!) and I am finding it hard to find motivation because i'm just convinced that I'll fail. I don't want to overshare but life has been very bleak right now and it doesn't matter how hard I try, the fear that I will fail never goes away. I'm already on medication for some mental health issues and truthfully i'd rather not go on more because of how exhausted I feel as a result of them. I've also gone to therapy in the past but I'm unsure as to if I have time for that, plus it was really awkward having to explain to friends where I was going in at lunch breaks or whatever.

What are some things that you do to make you feel motivated, and how do you work them into your routines?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mouldypeaches)
Recently I have been feeling very grim. I am currently studying for my A levels (the first of which is in less than a month!!!) and I am finding it hard to find motivation because i'm just convinced that I'll fail. I don't want to overshare but life has been very bleak right now and it doesn't matter how hard I try, the fear that I will fail never goes away. I'm already on medication for some mental health issues and truthfully i'd rather not go on more because of how exhausted I feel as a result of them. I've also gone to therapy in the past but I'm unsure as to if I have time for that, plus it was really awkward having to explain to friends where I was going in at lunch breaks or whatever.

What are some things that you do to make you feel motivated, and how do you work them into your routines?
Hiya,

Honestly, I totally get what you feel - i permanently feel exhausted because of my constantly extreme fluctuating mental stability (lol) and of course exam stress, hormones, friends and just..ugh the WEIGHT OF LIVING. But ive found it really helpful whenever i feel depressed and unmotivated, to give myself more self love; but i dont mean let yourself procrastinate and have an excuse for things you know you really should be doing, i mean thinking about yourself, and really considering what is going to be the best for you long term and also short term. (i sound like a teacher ew) But seriously, think about how doing revision will benefit you(even if you really cant be botheres/hate it/toohard/too tired) you feel so much better and loving towards yourself as you feel proud that youve stuck with it and youve pushed through, and obviously its going to help with your studies. when i find myself feeling awful, i tend to spiral down and everything gets worse and worse ( my mental health, pile of homework and revision, and my relationships with others) until i hit a new rock bottom. so for me, im working on catching myself and picking myself up before i get there, and trying to radiate and manifest positivity and light into my life- by doing that, i find myself naturally feeling more motivated to do better, as i want feel i have more self worth. like you, i dont want to overshare or get too personal. but ive been struggling with an eating disorder and i can honestly say that 2018 has been the most difficult year of my life in terms of my declining mental health, and losing complete identity and sense of who i am as a person. motivation has been really hard because i feel depressed often and am constantly existentially questioning life, and fear and anxiety play a huge part of my life since my eating disorder began. for now, i think the most important thing for me ( and for you by the sounds of it) is to listen to yourself, truly, without judging or hating yourself, and seperating your depressive thoughts from your real ones. meditation is actually really good ( i literally never have time bc i have exams VERY soon ew) but whenever i do do it, my head feels so much clearer and i feel so much more at ease and ready to work and be productive.

its difficult to try and get my points across to help you when its typed on a screen but i hope you can take something from this..
sorry this is so long, but good luck with your exams, hoping you get the time to heal and grow as a person
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads