A level biology Watch

ahb386
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am currently in year 11 , about to start my GCSE'S and I love biology

I find it so so interesting and i tend to think quite scientifically (if that makes sense)
I'm currently working at a grade 9 in all three of my sciences

I would love to study a level biology , but i have a fear i'm not good enough for it IK it's really really hard but I would be willing to work .
Does anyone who does /has done A level Biology think it's a good idea

(also I'm only doing combined/double science so will that hold me back /does it really matter at a level?)
Levi23317
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Its pretty easy, you just need to be able to remember alot of stuff. Sayin that, it is one of the harder a levels (definitely the hardest in terms of the amount you have to remember), but if you're good at science then you should do good (obviously), especially if you are interested in it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Siobha
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A Level Biology is actually very simple to anyone willing to put in the work and judging by your grades I would imagine you are. To my knowledge you don't actually much less content doing combined science vs seperate science- if you're worried about it then watch Primrose Kitten's biology video or find a revision guide for it, but I don't think it's necessary. Lots of stuff gets repeated at A Level because people have forgotten half the GCSE spec by the time you reach year 12 anyway, and everything you need will be in your textbook and revision guide. Good luck!
georgem93
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Absolutely you should go for it! For some schools triple science is desirable, but combined is just as good, especially if you’re working at grade 9!

A level biology now requires more application of knowledge in exams than it used to, so whilst it’s still relatively simple, it can be a challenge for some people. However, as you said you think scientifically, I don’t think you’d have any problems at all. Go for it!
If you do struggle, there are so many different resources available now to help you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (180)
22.9%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.56%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.58%
It was TERRIBLE (94)
11.96%

Watched Threads