The Student Room Group

[International Applicant] Help with UCAS application for undergraduate law courses

Hi,
I’m an Indian class 12 student in the Cambridge international school board. I would be giving my AS levels in the month of November and my A levels in Feb-March next year. My subjects are English, Sociology, Biology and Business. I need help to know everything I should know about filling the UCAS forms which would be out in September. I want to apply for law courses in UK universities and would be giving LNAT and IELTS also.
In class 10 (from the Indian board CBSE,equivalent to the IGCSEs) I got 4 A1s and a B1 (in math)
I’ve been an active participant of the school MUN club and debate clubs.
1) Do UCAS forms require AS level scores? As my AS level grades would be out much later than when the UCAS forms are released.
2)What more should I add to my stats and what would be the eligibility requirements for me to get into a law course at a reputed UK university?
3) What UK universities should I apply for and have a chance at?
4) If Indian Law students could share their advise on studying LLB in the UK..

I would highly appreciate your help and advice. I’ve been browsing the Internet but I still am not very clear about some points and have come for help here.

Thanks!
Original post by Naenay
Hi,
I’m an Indian class 12 student in the Cambridge international school board. I would be giving my AS levels in the month of November and my A levels in Feb-March next year. My subjects are English, Sociology, Biology and Business. I need help to know everything I should know about filling the UCAS forms which would be out in September. I want to apply for law courses in UK universities and would be giving LNAT and IELTS also.
In class 10 (from the Indian board CBSE,equivalent to the IGCSEs) I got 4 A1s and a B1 (in math)
I’ve been an active participant of the school MUN club and debate clubs.
1) Do UCAS forms require AS level scores? As my AS level grades would be out much later than when the UCAS forms are released.
2)What more should I add to my stats and what would be the eligibility requirements for me to get into a law course at a reputed UK university?
3) What UK universities should I apply for and have a chance at?
4) If Indian Law students could share their advise on studying LLB in the UK..

I would highly appreciate your help and advice. I’ve been browsing the Internet but I still am not very clear about some points and have come for help here.

Thanks!

1. When would you expect to receive your AS results? If this is prior to the 15th January, you should add them onto your UCAS application. 15th January is the equal consideration deadline - as long as you submit your application by this date universities must consider it. If you won't have the results by then, you will enter the grades as 'pending' and your referee will provide predicted grades.

2. All of the entry requirements are clearly listed on each university's website. You will be expected to write a personal statement which demonstrates your interest in the subject so will need some wider reading or extra-curricular activities to demonstrate this. There is lots of advice on writing a PS on this site which there is little point in me repeating right now.

3. You should consider where you want to live and what the important factors are for you in terms of your priorities. You also need to consider the entry requirements which will differ for each university. This should narrow down your list of choices.

4. If you use the search function you should find some experiences of studying law, however it's best to make your own decisions in terms of where to study rather than being influenced by others (who will have totally different experiences).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending