Why do people go to poor/corrupted dangerous countries on hoilday/travel? Watch

looloo2134
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I will never be able to understand why people go to countries with poor human rights, corrupt with high murder rates and drug crime.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by looloo2134)
I will never be able to understand why people go to countries with poor human rights, corrupt with high murder rates and drug crime.
On the human rights side I can see what you’re saying, I can see why people should boycott those countries but I can’t see why murder and drug crime would deter people?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Underscore__)
On the human rights side I can see what you’re saying, I can see why people should boycott those countries but I can’t see why murder and drug crime would deter people?
You can't huh
Y333EEE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Because its interesting, enriching and exciting baby 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙 🤙🤙🤙🤙🤙
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Who knew the Chicago skyline could be so intoxicating?
Andrew97
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The British army should go on a holiday to these places. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Remember to take the tanks with you lads. 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Qup
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Sometimes, its because people are idealistic as all hell and stupid.
Other times, it is because people want to explore what these places have to offer, kind of like to accomplish a YOLO goal.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Some people never think about human rights records even if they are aware of them. If somewhere is cheap to travel to, or there is some particular interesting place in the country, that will not deter them.

The same applies with choices about food and clothes, or the impacts on climate change of their decisions.
looloo2134
Rep:
?
Drugs, murder, corrupt and human right go hand in hand in many countries.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
You can't huh
No, why would it?
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Drugs, murder, corrupt and human right go hand in hand in many countries.
True as that may be my point still stands. There are plenty of countries with high murder rates and drug problems that aren’t rife with corruption, the Caribbean providing numerous examples.

Like I said, I can understand people objecting to poor human rights records by boycotting certain countries but I see no real reason to allow crime to deter you.
Yr_11_MATHS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think political problems like ISIS etc are the real reason that deters people from visiting countries like Afghanistan
RoxyKnop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
cheaper maybe. if the country is recently corrupted maybe theyve been there or have been planning to go there before everything went to sh*t
looloo2134
Rep:
?
It not nice having arm guards standing outside where you are staying or not being able to walk to the local shop without danger of been kidnap, robbed or attacked. I have been to a country where all three are true.
True as that may be my point still stands. There are plenty of countries with high murder rates and drug problems that aren’t rife with corruption, the Caribbean providing numerous examples.

Like I said, I can understand people objecting to poor human rights records by boycotting certain countries but I see no real reason to allow crime to deter you.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No, why would it?
Well in certain countries there are quite high rates of murder and drug crime, one would say that murder and drug crime would deter visitors because of its unsavoury nature.
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It not nice having arm guards standing outside where you are staying or not being able to walk to the local shop without danger of been kidnap, robbed or attacked. I have been to a country where all three are true.
Which country was that?
Underscore__
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Well in certain countries there are quite high rates of murder and drug crime, one would say that murder and drug crime would deter visitors because of its unsavoury nature.
Most of which doesn’t tend to effect tourists. Most of the Caribbean has high murder rates yet it’s among the most desirable holiday locations. Cape Town and Rio popular with tourists yet also have lots of murder. Every year soft middle class teenagers go travelling around Central and South America, the drug and murder hot spot, yet they come back unscathed.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
because it's cheap...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Usually because the holidays are very cheap and the countries play host to much amazing wildlife/heritage sites.
Many visitors are can be very idealistic to the point of idiocy or curious as to the reality of life in regions of the word reported to be very troubled and keen to obtain some personal experience.
There is also the adventurous to the point of recklessness crowd, who find it thrilling to travel alone through violent crime hotspots and constantly put their lives at risk posing for selfies that lead them into highly unsafe situations.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Adrenaline rush.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (17)
23.94%
The paper was reasonable (26)
36.62%
Not feeling great about that exam (15)
21.13%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
18.31%

Watched Threads