Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i have autism and my mum hates me for it, she has always resented me for not being "perfect" or not being smart/ successful enough for her. anyway she used the family ipad this morning and I used it straight after. I went onto the history to find a website I visited yesterday and the search history was full of "I hate my autistic child" "when can I legally kick out my child" "autistic child ruined my life" and it really upset me. I cant talk to her obviously she would be so mad and i did know she hated me but this just made it more real and im so upset. now im scared too that she will kick me out or before she has threatened to get me committed to the hospital for life
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i have autism and my mum hates me for it, she has always resented me for not being "perfect" or not being smart/ successful enough for her. anyway she used the family ipad this morning and I used it straight after. I went onto the history to find a website I visited yesterday and the search history was full of "I hate my autistic child" "when can I legally kick out my child" "autistic child ruined my life" and it really upset me. I cant talk to her obviously she would be so mad and i did know she hated me but this just made it more real and im so upset. now im scared too that she will kick me out or before she has threatened to get me committed to the hospital for life
Autistic people don't get committed to hospital for life because they are not sick! What support are you getting for your autism? Your mum may jyst be stressed and not know how to work with autism. Yiu may have to get help with your autism and also get helo for your mum so she understands it better. Don't assume that parents know everything.
alexx_20
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You Know what?? You are PERFECT in every way. Sometimes parents are *******s and there's nothing we can do about it. They think just because we're their kids we have to automatically accept and respect everything they say or do and they don't realize that we are different then they are. My situation is different than yours but I can relate to parents acting as if I'm the greatest mistake or I'm a time bomb to happen. You are perfect and golden in every way and the fact that you are brave enough to come and talk to random strangers on this platform is brave!! Parents, adults, elders like to put down us teens/young adults because they think we're rebellious, However that is not true, in fact, if anything they are pushing us to rise and show them what we're made of. You're going to be successful one day and your mom is going to eat her words. I'm so sorry you have to go through that because no one should have to suffer mentally though that. You're not alone!!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alexx_20)
You Know what?? You are PERFECT in every way. Sometimes parents are *******s and there's nothing we can do about it. They think just because we're their kids we have to automatically accept and respect everything they say or do and they don't realize that we are different then they are. My situation is different than yours but I can relate to parents acting as if I'm the greatest mistake or I'm a time bomb to happen. You are perfect and golden in every way and the fact that you are brave enough to come and talk to random strangers on this platform is brave!! Parents, adults, elders like to put down us teens/young adults because they think we're rebellious, However that is not true, in fact, if anything they are pushing us to rise and show them what we're made of. You're going to be successful one day and your mom is going to eat her words. I'm so sorry you have to go through that because no one should have to suffer mentally though that. You're not alone!!
i bet his mum does not actually hate him for having autism!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by alexx_20)
Well, you know what, people are not "perfect in every way"! That includes parents.Your very own words in your post suggest that you are certainly not peefect either!
Let's see how these "experts" on parenting get on when they have their first child!
Last edited by mgi; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (91)
27.91%
No - I have already returned home (43)
13.19%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
19.02%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (32)
9.82%
No - I live at home during term anyway (98)
30.06%

Watched Threads