Have they started a global 'Race' War Watch

Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
By they I mean between the Islamists and far right Christians.

Isis have belatedly claimed responsibility on the terrorist attacks on sri lankan churches and loosely refer to the NZ mosque attacks as some sort of context ( although it was never a concern of Islamic state or any islamist what happened to regular muslims when they have been murdering people globally for decades before)

Now it seems the far right in the west have become emboldend and adopting similar tactics as the muslim terrorists self justifying their own actions by the history of islamist attacks. it will be seen if any such groups decide to react in response to the deaths of sri lankan Christians as this may not sit well with their far right dogmas.

But it seems we are seeing a ratcheting up of this ideological conflict that wasn't there in the past

where do you think this is all going?
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It's like groundhog day
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it will be a war in the traditional sense.

If it were a war between Christianity and Islam - islam would win hands down. The percenage of muslims who are on the 'extreme' end and willing to commit violence, or die for their religion is far far higher then the percentage of Christians that would do the same. There are also plenty of theocratic islamic states, but there are no real theocratic christian states except the Vatican. Even america is loosing its christian nature. So in terms of who would fight a war, you would end up with a tiny group of extreme christians being over-run by a much larger group of extreme Islamist.

We will probably see wars between the west and islam - the west being very different from 'christianity' continue over the next few centuries. Just as we have seen over the last few centuries, but it wont be a religious war as such.

The real war that's coming, and is already starting on a low-level is nationalist vs globalist. I doubt it will be a traditional war as such, but that is the conflict of our time. Islam for me will play an interesting role in it, almost as a catalyst to violence, but it exists on both sides, there are nationalist and globalist Muslims, so it wont be them vs someone else entirely.
quirky editor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I think a culture war may start soon.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No.

As ISIS has waned, Islamist terror attacks are on the decline. It’s a trend that will hopefully continue.

As for the far right, the number of hardcore ideologues who would be willing to carry out such attacks are tiny. Most are just like the Tommy Robinson fanboys who enjoy an angry rant. They aren’t a threat, just pathetic.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nothing has changed, ISIS will use any excuse to carry out an attack.
Chakede
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
No.

As ISIS has waned, Islamist terror attacks are on the decline. It’s a trend that will hopefully continue.

As for the far right, the number of hardcore ideologues who would be willing to carry out such attacks are tiny. Most are just like the Tommy Robinson fanboys who enjoy an angry rant. They aren’t a threat, just pathetic.
why do you think its waned - have you looked at last 5 years, commited attacks and planned ones foiled? actually there seems to be increase in 'lone wolf style attacks - with limited but important support form abroad
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Chakede)
why do you think its waned - have you looked at last 5 years, commited attacks and planned ones foiled? actually there seems to be increase in 'lone wolf style attacks - with limited but important support form abroad
We saw a real peak in attacks/deaths in 2014/2015. However there has been a decline since. To quote the Global Terrorism Index, "[2018] is the third consecutive year that number of deaths from terrorism has decreased. Deaths are now 44 per cent below their peak in 2014".

Yes, ISIS-inspired lone wolf attacks were becoming a very serious issue in Europe, but we've seen a similar declining trend. Again, to quote the same source, "In Western Europe, deaths fell by 52 per cent, from 168 in 2016 to 81 in 2017. From January until October 2018, fewer than ten deaths were recorded in the region."

http://economicsandpeace.org/reports/
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
The percenage of muslims who are on the 'extreme' end and willing to commit violence, or die for their religion is far far higher then the percentage of Christians that would do the same. There are also plenty of theocratic islamic states, but there are no real theocratic christian states except the Vatican. Even america is loosing its christian nature. So in terms of who would fight a war, you would end up with a tiny group of extreme christians being over-run by a much larger group of extreme Islamist.
You seem to have missed that theocratic Islamic states are "****holes". The US could wipe every one of them off the map. Your post seems to be suggesting some sort of guerrilla or even traditional warfare where numbers would matter. One word: nukes. If it's a war for survival the Islamic states have no chance. All that penis waving by the likes of Iran means absolutely nothing when compared to the US military and what it could do if threatened and if it was an existential threat they won't care about "civilian" casualties.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
You seem to have missed that theocratic Islamic states are "****holes". The US could wipe every one of them off the map. Your post seems to be suggesting some sort of guerrilla or even traditional warfare where numbers would matter. One word: nukes. If it's a war for survival the Islamic states have no chance. All that penis waving by the likes of Iran means absolutely nothing when compared to the US military and what it could do if threatened and if it was an existential threat they won't care about "civilian" casualties.
"Civilian" spoken like a true American, just like Sherman's March to the Sea,
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
"Civilian" spoken like a true American, just like Sherman's March to the Sea,
All out race-war there are no "civilians" according to Fallen_Acorn but you don't pick on his short-sighted post. :dontknow:

But yes, very proud to be an American knowing those ****ers ain't got a chance if this did happen.
username4454836
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
All out race-war there are no "civilians" according to Fallen_Acorn but you don't pick on his short-sighted post. :dontknow:

But yes, very proud to be an American knowing those ****ers ain't got a chance if this did happen.
I rarely read anything that Acorn writes, it is often drivel.

I wasn't picking on you, I just read your post with the sound of eagles screeching and the stars and stripes fading in.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Decahedron)
I rarely read anything that Acorn writes, it is often drivel.

I wasn't picking on you, I just read your post with the sound of eagles screeching and the stars and stripes fading in.
America, **** YEAH!
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Please don't confuse the race and religion issues. Those are two different things, but some people like to use the race card to stop others from criticizing religion.

Same as usual, nowhere.

I used to be far more concerned a couple of years ago, but now it turns out that even with huge wave of uncontrolled, illegal mass immigration, ISIS is unable to perform too many terrorist attacks in Europe, and Kurds are managing to knock them off although they have problems an all fronts with all their neighbors.

I do think however that all modern countries should insist on teaching logic and theory of argumentation. It should be a mandatory subject at schools of all levels, and taught by qualified philosophers. Not only it would prevent religious fanatism, but also improve the quality of public debate in the future.
PTMalewski
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think it will be a war in the traditional sense.
I don't think either, especially as the Western democracies have nothing to get economically from the traditional war in the short term, and they are unwilling to plan in long term as elections are every 4-5 years.

We will probably see wars between the west and islam - the west being very different from 'christianity' continue over the next few centuries. Just as we have seen over the last few centuries, but it wont be a religious war as such.
I don't see it that way. Though it is possible that Islam will get en masse more radical and considering how many Muslims already live in the West it would rather reseble a bit of a homewar, but rather with incidental clashes and slow-paced. I think however that part of Muslims will become more secular, while the rest might either go more radical or just stay where they are.
In my country of origin, a Muslim minority has lived for 700 years and those local Muslims are conflicted with the new Arabic-Muslim immigration.

The real war that's coming, and is already starting on a low-level is nationalist vs globalist. I doubt it will be a traditional war as such, but that is the conflict of our time. Islam for me will play an interesting role in it, almost as a catalyst to violence, but it exists on both sides, there are nationalist and globalist Muslims, so it wont be them vs someone else entirely.
Of course not a traditional war. Just undereducated people living in a stage of economic slavery, ranting about an enemy they can't even properly identify as usual.
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Isis have belatedly claimed responsibility on the terrorist attacks on sri lankan churches and loosely refer to the NZ mosque attacks as some sort of context ( although it was never a concern of Islamic state or any islamist what happened to regular muslims when they have been murdering people globally for decades before)

Now it seems the far right in the west have become emboldend and adopting similar tactics as the muslim terrorists self justifying their own actions by the history of islamist attacks. it will be seen if any such groups decide to react in response to the deaths of sri lankan Christians as this may not sit well with their far right dogmas.

But it seems we are seeing a ratcheting up of this ideological conflict that wasn't there in the past

Has a race war started? No.
smarley101
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by quirky editor)
I think a culture war may start soon.
Youre probably right, but I see a culture war between conservatives (real conservatives not gay marriage conservatives like David Cameron or Teresa May) and neo-progressives.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.7%
Fairly positive (218)
32.68%
Just another year... (265)
39.73%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.89%

Watched Threads