MSc Social Work at Stirling 2020 anyone? Watch

robynlbx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you! Congratulations to you too.

Awwww I didn’t know you could do that I thought it had to be paid upfront. I feel a bit better about that now. Will you be working alongside studying?
dmcc0183
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by robynlbx)
Thank you! Congratulations to you too.

Awwww I didn’t know you could do that I thought it had to be paid upfront. I feel a bit better about that now. Will you be working alongside studying?
I'm hoping to have some work whilst studying but untill timetables and later placements etc are disclosed then it's hard to commit to hours etc.
CoolBreeze89
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi. Congratulations on your offer!

To find out your score, simply contact the social work department at the university. Their admin assistant should be able to give this to you now - she did with me anyway!

Yeah, as DMCC said, you can pay this in instalments. For each year, there is around a £2,000 shortfall for the fees for students who are awarded the SSSC funding.

However, if you pay this over the year (which can be arranged with student finance through a number of monthly instalments), it won’t be much. My plan is to make a downpayment of around £1,000 in January, then maybe take the remaining £1000 over 11 monthly instalments or something. I’ll speak to them in January about it, but it’s certainly possible.

I feel for those who weren’t awarded the bursary. I’m not sure if I would even be able to do the course if it wasn’t for this. I was going to still attempt to do it and take the £5,500 fees over 11 monthly instalments, but it was astronomical and probably impossible.

Good luck with your bursary nomination. I got 15/20, so their cut off isn’t as high as what some people said in other posts about the likes of Strathclyde who look for at least 17/20.
Last edited by CoolBreeze89; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?