itsyaboi786
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi i an in year 11 and have my Gcse Spanish speaking exam in about 2 weeks.
i have no clue how to revise or what to do or how it even works
all my teacher did was ask for a nominated theme and gave me a question booklet to fill.
can someone please explain how the Spanish speaking exam works.
thanks
MarshallOs
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
assuming your doing AQA GCSE right_
emilyr2019
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi
The aqa exam is structured like this
-12 minutes prep time where you are given your photo card and role play to make notes on. Both of these will be on the same theme ( bearing in mind there’s 3 themes)
- then , you go into the exam with the teacher, they start with the role play, which lasts about 2-3 minutes
- next is the photo card , 3-4 minutes
- fianally, you do the general conversation for 6 minutes

So , your nominated theme is 100% guaranteed to be half of the general conversation, and not on the photo card or role play. The other themes could either be the other half of the general conversation , or the photo card and role play .

For example , say the nominated theme is 2. If your photo card and roleplay are both on theme 1 , your general conversation will be on theme 2 and 3 - this is the exam board’s way of ensuring all themes are covered .
Hope this was helpfull🙂
Last edited by emilyr2019; 1 year ago
kst_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To revise Spanish Speaking repetition is key, especially for the general conversation! Maybe get a parent/sibling/friend to test you? For me, reading it over doesn't help all that much as its about your pronunciation. Even just sitting in your room reading the question aloud and answering it helps massively. I have my speaking exam on 13th May. Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
itsyaboi786
Rep:
?
(Original post by MarshallOs)
assuming your doing AQA GCSE right_
YEs
itsyaboi786
Rep:
?
What happens in the roleplay,general conversation and photo card. And how do i revise for it?
Thank you for helping
(Original post by emilyr2019)
Hi
The aqa exam is structured like this
-12 minutes prep time where you are given your photo card and role play to make notes on. Both of these will be on the same theme ( bearing in mind there’s 3 themes)
- then , you go into the exam with the teacher, they start with the role play, which lasts about 2-3 minutes
- next is the photo card , 3-4 minutes
- fianally, you do the general conversation for 6 minutes

So , your nominated theme is 100% guaranteed to be half of the general conversation, and not on the photo card or role play. The other themes could either be the other half of the general conversation , or the photo card and role play .

For example , say the nominated theme is 2. If your photo card and roleplay are both on theme 1 , your general conversation will be on theme 2 and 3 - this is the exam board’s way of ensuring all themes are covered .
Hope this was helpfull🙂
itsyaboi786
Rep:
?
I dont know what too revise. Are there a set of questions that in not aware of?

(Original post by kst_xx)
To revise Spanish Speaking repetition is key, especially for the general conversation! Maybe get a parent/sibling/friend to test you? For me, reading it over doesn't help all that much as its about your pronunciation. Even just sitting in your room reading the question aloud and answering it helps massively. I have my speaking exam on 13th May. Hope this helps you and if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
kst_xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At our school, at the end of each module, we are given a set of questions to answer and then they're marked. These are the questions we get asked in the general conversation.
(Original post by itsyaboi786)
I dont know what too revise. Are there a set of questions that in not aware of?
xelle_d
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya! Thanks for this, but i thought there are 5 themes (Identity & culture, holidays, school, work & ambition, environment). Anyways i have done school for my general conversation, but i am not confident with environment and that was the unseen for other languages, so if i do that instead i won’t get it in role play & picture but i don't know if i should change it ?
Last edited by xelle_d; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed