Predictions for English Literature Paper 2019 AQA

Watch
rudey2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
What does everyone think the questions will be for Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, An Inspector Calls and Poetry Comparison
SchmuckOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Macbeth will be on Lady macbeth or their relationship I'm pretty sure. Poppies is a strong favorite for Poetry.
(Original post by rudey2)
What does everyone think the questions will be for Macbeth, Jekyll and Hyde, An Inspector Calls and Poetry Comparison
manav28
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
what makes you say so???

(Original post by SchmuckOff)
Macbeth will be on Lady macbeth or their relationship I'm pretty sure. Poppies is a strong favorite for Poetry.
rudey2
Rep:
?
I remember already doing a practise AQA paper on the relationship or the Macbeths
SchmuckOff
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Last year Banquo came up and before that it was Macbeth which leaves one character yet to come. Poppies is a poem that is neither near the top of everyone's favorites or at the bottom + It hasn't come before which leads to that decision.
(Original post by manav28)
what makes you say so???
jrw.3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think there could be a question on theme in Macbeth? My English teacher said it could be a possibility this year as they have discussed key characters previously, but I guess we never know for definite.
rudey2
Rep:
?
yes my teacher thought kingship could come up
(Original post by jrw.3)
I think there could be a question on theme in Macbeth? My English teacher said it could be a possibility this year as they have discussed key characters previously, but I guess we never know for definite.
Nessun
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
For Macbeth it could be one of the minor characters or something and I think it's gonna be poppies or war photographer for poetry
jrw.3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My teacher also said for poetry, My Last Duchess would be a good one for the Power and Conflict side of the argument. So rather than comparing two war poems together, compare a war poem with a 'peaceful' poem. Many examiners notice that students don't tend to pick it as it's a long poem. This is only a suggestion for a bigger comparison of poems, doesn't mean it will increase the level of marks you get
t257
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Kamikaze
manav28
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
if they do poppies imma kms I have prepared for it, but unlike the other poems the ideas don't come natural to me with poppies which is vvvvv annoying.
Last year Banquo came up and before that it was Macbeth which leaves one character yet to come. Poppies is a poem that is neither near the top of everyone's favorites or at the bottom + It hasn't come before which leads to that decision.
rudey2
Rep:
?
but tbf that's good because its given so you can use it then remember the ones you know better to compare it
(Original post by manav28)
if they do poppies imma kms I have prepared for it, but unlike the other poems the ideas don't come natural to me with poppies which is vvvvv annoying.
eviie42
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I've heard that the nature poems are strongly tipped to come up but I'd say study poems that are very broad in the number of links that you can make to other poems e.g. Remains or Exposure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.19%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.33%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.55%
Loneliness (82)
10.62%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.46%

Watched Threads