Not losing weight on slimming world

Watch
acj2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I just want to know what I’ve been doing wrong, I’ve been doing slimming world for a week and have lost nothing at all. I don’t go to the group however my dad does and he has lost nearly 4 stone since Christmas and he explained all the rules to me so I make sure that I only eat free foods or if I do eat food with Syns in it it’s less than 5 a day. I’m being really strict about it such as only have one HEb and my two HEa with lots of free foods such as fruit in between meal times but I still haven’t lost anything.

This is what I’ve eaten in the last three days as I have started making a food diary to keep track of what I am eating to see where I go wrong

(60g brown bread)
1 portion of HEa (30g cheese)
1 kiwi
Portion of strawberries
Roast dinner
Slimming world trifle (2syns)

HEb (60g brown bread)
Tinned spaghetti
Strawberries in fat free yoghurt
Strawberries
Kiwi
Rice and sliming world chicken curry
1 shortbread biscuit (5 Syns)

HEb (60g brown bread)
Tinned spaghetti
1 cup of tea (splash of milk 3 sweeteners)
Jacket potato
HEa (30g of cheese)
Orange
Grapes
Slimming world spag bol
Last edited by acj2002; 2 years ago
lconlon13
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
1. Dont pay for 'slimming World' food your being ripped off
2. Dont eat tinned spaghetti, your being ripped of and its jite
3. Did you legit weight the bread ur eating?

Maybe less fruit its very sugary, also uve been going 1 week would worry bout it
Defo don't eat less thought already doesn't sound like much to me
Last edited by lconlon13; 2 years ago
happbee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You are not eating anywhere near enough food!

If you don’t eat enough initially, your body can go in to ‘starvation mode’

When did you start SW?

Happbee x

EDIT: just seen you’ve only been doing it a week. You’re almost definitely in starvation mode. Give your body time to adjust and in the mean time, fill up on all those free and speed foods!
Last edited by happbee; 2 years ago
acj2002
Rep:
The slice of bread actually weighs less then 60g but it’s easier just to put 60g because it’s what would be my HEb for the day and I don’t actually buy slimming world food I make it like it’s full of super food for example my spag Bol contains carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and tomatoes like there is nothing unnatural in it

(Original post by lconlon13)
1. Dont pay for 'slimming World' food your being ripped off
2. Dont eat tinned spaghetti, your being ripped of and its jite
3. Did you legit weight the bread ur eating?

Maybe less fruit its very sugary, also uve been going 1 week would worry bout it
Defo don't eat less thought already doesn't sound like much to me
Last edited by acj2002; 2 years ago
acj2002
Rep:
Funnily enough before I started I use to eat way less just all the wrong things which is why I gained some weight and I haven’t been doing it long like only a week but everyone always says they have their biggest loss the first week. I don’t think the whole eating too little thing is a problem because I don’t feel hungry on what I’m eating actually the complete opposite because I’m only a small person and I don’t weigh a lot to being with only 8 stone 9 pounds, the 9 pounds is what I’m trying to lose because I don’t feel comfortable with the extra weight
(Original post by happbee)
You are not eating anywhere near enough food!

If you don’t eat enough initially, your body can go in to ‘starvation mode’

When did you start SW?

Happbee x

EDIT: just seen you’ve only been doing it a week. You’re almost definitely in starvation mode. Give your body time to adjust and in the mean time, fill up on all those free and speed foods!
Cloudiii
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You said that uve only been doing it for a week. Losing weight isnt instant, it take a lot of patience and dedicated. Keep eating healthy and work out. Youve got this!
happbee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by acj2002)
Funnily enough before I started I use to eat way less just all the wrong things which is why I gained some weight and I haven’t been doing it long like only a week but everyone always says they have their biggest loss the first week. I don’t think the whole eating too little thing is a problem because I don’t feel hungry on what I’m eating actually the complete opposite because I’m only a small person and I don’t weigh a lot to being with only 8 stone 9 pounds, the 9 pounds is what I’m trying to lose because I don’t feel comfortable with the extra weight
Unless you’re under 5’2, you sound plenty small enough to me. Most SW groups wouldn’t accept you as you’d fall below the weight requirements. I’m worried that you may have poor body image. How are you in yourself?

Happbee x
lconlon13
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by acj2002)
The slice of bread actually weighs less then 60g but it’s easier just to put 60g because it’s what would be my HEb for the day and I don’t actually buy slimming world food I make it like it’s full of super food for example my spag Bol contains carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and tomatoes like there is nothing unnatural in it

Not a clue what an heb is, and what unnatural thing would you put in spaghetti? Last I checked no one chucked food colouring or paint in their spaghetti.
Also when ur fairly light it's harder to lose weight, ur about the same weight as me (bit less) and I couldn't lose much weight if I tried
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
You're not losing 7lbs in your first week because you're already light! Any changes are gonna take time at your weight and tbh you may struggle to lose given unless you're very short you're already thin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.67%
Okay (106)
29.28%
A bit lacking (133)
36.74%
Not good at all (88)
24.31%

Watched Threads